Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Proslip caliper greases

flint

Supporter
Just thought I'd give this a try, expensive way of buying grease (and fancy packaging) but hopefully worth a go.
https://proslip.com

I have never understood the need to grease the back of the friction pad.

The other reasons make perfect sense. Pin and Clip - what about the sliding retaining pins?

What is missing to my mind here is a grease for the piston itself. Proslip the only grease you need for brakes - other then the fact that one is largely pointless and the other one you need isn't in the kit.

One thing we've never really considered in terms of the typical ABS brake judder on the 80, is sticking pistons. We talk about the sensors and the rotors, but rarely the brakes themselves.

It's the pin one that should be ok for the pistons and seals, it's lithium soap based glycol grease (as per manual). I've just been giving my front brakes a looking at and the pads were quite a job to get out, sticking on the pins ( which also needed a good whack to shift them) and the sides in the caliper, so I've given them a good clean up and coating with the clip one. I'll have a go at the rear calipers and see how the slide one performs. Red rubber grease is ok, but it does go hard over time and silicone isn't that good at stopping corrosion. Seeing the price for a tube of the lithium glycol stuff, I though I'd just give this a go. It'll be interesting to see how it holds up.

Back