Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Puzzle

You got it Shayne.

I am weightless, but you can see me. Put me in a bucket, and I'll make it lighter. What am I?

Here's one from the mrs

500 at the beginning , 500 at the end , 5 in the middle is seen , the first of all letters , the first of all figures take up their stations between , string them all together , and you will see the name of an ancient king .

Probably an old Welsh King, David?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That's it Chas took me a while to think of roman numerals .

A
bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost? ____pence
If it takes 5 machines 5 minutes to make 5 widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets? _____minutes

In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake? _____days

Beat me to it by seconds Chadr!! [emoji4]

Well done chaps, I thought that one would last longer.

A
bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost? ____pence

5p ? how - i dont get it..........

A

5p ? how - i dont get it..........

Assume the ball costs 5p so if the bat is £1 MORE it is £1.5p, together ithey will be a total of £1.10

But couldnt the ball cost 10p? The bat cost 1£ more so total is £1,10....or am i missing summut?

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Humph -misses just explained it like i am 4 so now i understand......

Sent from my GT-I9060I using Tapatalk

Humph -misses just explained it like i am 4 so now i understand......

I love it when the mrs does that to me , it means she fully accepts that i have no idea what she is talking about and so she won't bother shouting at me when i do it anyway :icon-biggrin:

I know what you mean - she has told me time & time again how to load the dishwasher and how to work the washing machines....both I have totally failed to get to grips with!

I know how to work the washing machine she just can't grasp the concept that if it can't go in a boil wash with everything else then it was no good to me in the first place , so i'm banned :lol:

Here's a head's up though did you know they keep GOOD knives in the cutlery drawer ?

I found that out after heating one on the hob to melt my headlight housing ........ my ears are still hurting :oops:

lol, Its me who does the cooking in this house, its safer! I once had a new Japanese super sharp knife - be careful of that I say as she washed it up by hand (not allowed in dishwasher - ) 3 seconds later blood everywhere............

Back