Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Questions about purchasing used Land Cruiser

pphillips700

Hi I am looking to buy a used land cruiser. Most of the ones I've found from the 90's have upwards of 200,000 miles. How many more miles would the average land cruiser get? What do I need to look out for when buying this vehicle? Thank you in advanced for any advice

Truly depends on how well it’s been looked after other than normal service internals. I.e suspension bushes, seals and all associated parts on and around car. Engines runs on for many hundreds of 1000’s more, injectors and fuel pumps wear on from 250,000km depending on model. As with more age comes more wearing parts. For my 80 just changed over the A/C compressor as it was seized, believed to the original one of 26 years.

Check service records and ask what’s been changed or repaired. Depending on what country too rust can be a serious issue.

Hi and welcome. Which model, which market?
All models are mechanically very durable but all models from the 90's can and generally are suffering with rust underneath..

200,000 miles in something from 1999 would be just under 10,000miles per year.

In 2007 I bought a 7 year old Volvo with 183,000 miles on it - or about 26,000/year. I then proceeded to put on another 50odd,000 in three years. I generally worry more about something with low miles than high miles.

The 1FZ-FE (the 4.5 straight six) is quite readily reckoned to be one of the tougher petrol engines around as it's fairly low stress; I've seen some million km ones over here where the engine hasn't been opened, only having regular servicing.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back