Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

questions

stumog

Country Flag
england
I have a company near me selling bio at 1.10l so i tbought i would try a tank of it for a trip to wales.
now i normally get 400 miles from a tank now i only just got 325.
Also i got the water in fuel filter light come on.
Do you get less mpg when on bio?
As at this rate it works out i save£10 tank i think so its not worth it.
Nothing has changed its the same load tyres pressure with my surf board on top
any idea?
The company is bristol bio fuel
Stu

Most of my family run a veg oil bio of some sort as 3 of them actually make it . I wont use it in my truck though because it seems to me the savings are minimal and in the event they cause malfunction it will cost a shed load more to repair my truck than i've saved by running chip fat through it .

Last Lincomb I ran 100% SVO and saw a drop of over 100 miles over a 90l tank. IMHO I see no benefit. And even iif it does return the same MPG at other ratio's for the saving involved I can't be bothered with the effort of mixing it.

I make Bio stu and the cost to me is 25 ppl.

Shouldn't get any more water in it than pump fuel.

As for mpg wouldn't really know as the cost is so low to me doesn't concern me what mpg it's doing.

I really can see the point if bio cost 25ppl but I don't have the room to make it. if your cost is as low as that then it makes no difference what mpg you get. I was just shocked at how bad it was on fuel this week end and the only thing it can be is running on bio.
how much space does your kit take up?
stu

A processor takes up about 600x600mm square mate. Nothing much at all. I have that x3 though.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I investigate bio just this week locally.
£1.45/litre, and all the grief of containers etc, he reckoned 60p of it was tax.
No thanks was my reply...

You can get bio at various places around the uk and is normally about 1£ pl. The sellers of bio do have to pay a lot of duty if they are selling it on as road fuels.

Road derv is the biggest con out yet billions of people just keep paying it. Crazy

I just today bought 40Ltrs of veg oil from my local Tesco for £35 in prep for my trip up to Lincomb and see no significant reduction in mpg when running it at anything between 50/80%. In terms of savings when one is just flying up to Wales or Lincomb for a weekend of fun running at 80% SVO and with Derv at £1.40 it's a saving of £35+ per tank. Makes me smile :)))

Back