Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

R/C 4x4s

Jimbo4x4

Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Anyone into it? My bro and I got some Jeep Wrangler Crawlers yonks ago, they were great fun but a little small at 1:15 scale to be able to do anything more than climb over small stones in the back garden. That, and IMO the crawlers don't look at all realistic. Just been flicking through the latest Top Gear mag that landed on my doormat this morning and seen that Tamiya have finally started making the CC01 1:10 4wd chassis with everyone's favourite shell on top.

click here

Now just to find a spare £125

Jim.

IMG_2159.jpg

Morocco was a pretty long way to take an R/C truck :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 67
surprised the battery lasted that long :shock: :lol:

That the CR01? I was looking at it but don't think I want another crawler. My Jeep is/was basically a miniature version

Yes it is, we took a couple within my group. I also have a HPI nitro 4x4 truck, a lot of fun 2 speed and it does about 45mph ish through just about anything :lol:

Well I do have a couple of these -

IMGP1097.jpg

IMGP1115.jpg

More all wheel drive than four wheel drive. Plus digitally recorded engines, main gun, coax, turret sounds. The lot really and when it fires, the main barrel recoils and the tanks sits back on its suspension. Not toys I can assure you unless you save a lot of pocket money.

Chris

Attachments

• IMGP1097.jpg
    IMGP1097.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 65
  • IMGP1115.jpg
    IMGP1115.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 174
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks great, Chris. All you need now is for it to fire .22's :twisted:

I always fancied a go at this sort of thing :ugeek:

When I was at Polytech, the second year of our HND was work placement. One of my house mates from the first year (Dave) was a bit of a geek & after we'd all split up at the end of the year, I was told that he went to the bank to get a loan... Fair enough.

When asked by the clerk what the loan of £500 was for, he honestly replied, 'its for a car'... The obvious reply was 'what car are you buying?' The clerk looked through her list but couldn't find Tamiya on her list of manufacturers anywhere!!!

I often wonder what happened to Dave in the end...

Back