Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radiator for LJ70

Cardo

Garage
Country Flag
grenada
Hi Guys,
A question. What other vehicles use the same radiator as a 1992 LJ70 turbo diesel 2.4. I need to replace mine and the only way to get one is to ship it in from the UK but I might be able to get one on island if its used in another vehicle. I was wondering if the Hilux used it as there are plenty of those here in Grenada but only three LJ70's. All the best Cardo.

The part number is 16400-54840 and sadly its unique to the LJ70.:doh:

Having said that I'm sure a Hi-lux one could be made to fit and work.

I fitted a 4-Runner/Surf one to mine once when I did an engine conversion, so I know a Surf/Hi-lux radiator will physically fit and seen as the 2lt was also fitted to the Hi-lux, the outlets wouldnt be far off. :icon-ugeek:

Thanks Ben. I think I am going to get mine recored. I have found a place that can do it so crossing fingers and toes that it will work ok.

Update. As all things take time on a Caribbean island finally I found someone who could recore my radiator. The guy has done a marvelous job and it looks like new. Even more important its fixed my overheating problem. Obviously its not enough to just patch up a radiator as it deteriates. I have learnt a lot during this exercise. Now onto the clutch master cylinder........

can you post a picture with the radiator? I'm want to see how the cooling fins look like on the new core.
had mine recored and Im not too happy with the job.
thanks

Hi Alexy, I've already installed the radiator and its not easy to get a decent photo of it as the grill etc blocks the access. I will have a look and see if I can get my camera phone in there for you. Its a three core recore and its like new. If yours is not working have you any redress on the person who did it. There are a lot of cowboys out there especially in my part of the world.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Here you go. Not best shots Alexy but hope you can get something from them.

Rad1.jpg rad2.jpg

hey , thanks.
clearly the fins on mine are less frequent and that could be a problem, theres less surface.
Ill have injection pump adjusted first, see if egt temp drops. if not, Ill look for another radiator.

Back