Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Radio areial

Red Oktober

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Can anyone explain how the hell does one get at the damned thing ...... the radio areial that is

Cheers mike ....

i could use a grinder to remove it ... but i think my misus wants the wing left in one peice :lol: :lol:

Thinking back it's a water bottle out to get to it if it's like the swb lj70....

Simon_LJ70 said:
Thinking back it's a water bottle out to get to it if it's like the swb lj70....

Cheers Simon .... it's an Lj78 ... (LWB 70)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
This is a difficult one for me as i have never seen one like yours

From you image (Truck of the month) yours is at the top of the drivers wing. So i suspect you undo the nut, If the hole is big, there will be a sort of half moon thing that you revolve anf then you can put it through.

I the hole is small I think you get at it through a hole which may have a panel over it in the corner of the bonnet near the filters

f05.jpg

is mine but my aerial is on the screen piller, but the image of the other side shows what i mean better

m02.jpg

Cheers mate .... yes my areial is on the top of the wing.

Its actually very easy when you have worked it out:

1. Remove windscreen washer bottle from inner wing.
2. Using access hole behind washer bottle remove side repeater indicator.
3. Retract antenna
4. Unscrew the chrome metal ring on the top of the antanna base (where it goes into the wing). I used pliers for this.
P2152207800x600.jpg

5. Locate and remove nut from lower antenna mount. Its on the inner wing next to the brake master cylinder/behind the washer bottle right in the corner of the engine bay (Look through the repeater hole to see the lower antenna mount).
P2152208800x600.jpg

The antenna should now drop into the wing. At this point I found the antenna cable in the cab where it come through the bulkhead and cut it to make it easier to remove. Its easy to thread the new cable through the existing antenna cable hole using the repeater hole for access, then re-route the new cable under the dash to the radio.

This is what the antenna looks like once removed:
P2152205800x600.jpg

All done!
HTH :)

Once I got mine out ,I threw it in the bin and fitted one to the bullbar. You can get devices to block off the hole in the fender.

Finally got the old one out ... and the shiney new one fitted :cool:

what a right royal pain in the backside tho :twisted: ....... don't want to be doing that too often :naughty:

thats very helpful, thanks a lot ModelMakerMan. offto remove my old one now and fit my new flexi one. :thumbup:

Red Oktober said:
Finally got the old one out ... and the shiney new one fitted :cool:

what a right royal pain in the backside tho :twisted: ....... don't want to be doing that too often :naughty:

:banana-gotpics:

Pics

SANY000417-1.jpg

you need to be a contortionist (or skinny arms) to actually get hold of the areial

SANY000320-1.jpg

Feeding the coax thru the bulkhead is the worst bit ..... no pics of that bit

finished areial
SANY000120.jpg

SANY000220.jpg

Back