Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Realistic amps for Chinese lightbar

Howmanygoes

Country Flag
england
I am researching light bars in preparation.

An eBay bash pulled up loads of cheep Chinese units, but seriously one was 2160watts, that’s 180amps. Is this correct, surely the wattage is massively exaggerated? I’d need a cable as thick as my leg.

Budget will be between £100-150 just for the bar. So open to some suggestions looking at 4oish inch and will fit to my rack.

There are 2 ways of rating LED’s in watts. The actual power consumption and the rating of light output equivelent to a given wattage of filament bulbs. The second variant is not a very good way of rating them IMO as light is measured in Lumens. Power consumption of LED’s varies but they can give as much as ten times the light output compared to filament/halogen bulbs of a given consumtption rating.

Last edited:
Nice looking truck @jjsaul . That photo would have been a good submission for the annual forum calendar

The technology is readily available so buying doesn't have to be complicated , my skipper wanted a search light for the boat which is 12 volt so i told him go on ebay , make sure its all flood lights , an IP67 rating or higher and send me the bill .

It wasn't expensive but its outlasted the flood lights marine engineers fit to commercial fishing vessels by a fair margin already and shows no indication it might need replaced any time soon . Can't complain at that when when it must stand up to a force 9 gale at sea and its out there every day .

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Light bar fitted.... looks great at night.

F504BA57-826F-431C-A4C6-0352E3093788.jpeg

Back