Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Really?

Wait wait... £45k for a job that will be the first time they have done it ? Is this your father in law's garage ?

You thought about fitting a bmw M57 or similar, 3.0 diesel, seen them in lots of other 4x4s. Enough power and torque

Mate of mine is fitting one to his LR 90, have seen them in Patrols too. Plenty of them about. Plus get adaptor plates made up to fit different gearboxes.

Ive got a 530d with over 200k and it still drives lovely.

If the engine in my LC ever dies I'd fit one, it's much better power delivery and better on fuel. I get that it's not as simple as the original engine from Toyota, but modern engines if looked after do last very well too.

You thought about fitting a bmw M57 or similar, 3.0 diesel, seen them in lots of other 4x4s. Enough power and torque
I've not seen that done before and don't know if I could fit it to the existing gearbox or get a BMW box to for the transfer case. Its a cheap engine though, in fact there's any number of amazing BMW and Audi engines secondhand but can't imagine wiring one up would be easy!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
The landrover crowd have an adaptor plate off the bmw gearbox to make their transfer box work. Wiring is not as hard as you think. Most is contained to the engine and gearbox ecu.

Strange it was reduced to £20k and then sold now is back up at £25k. Either buyer messed about or seller had second thought on price. Looks a good job from the photos

Hang on though... one of the under wheel arch pictures shows a slightly rusty chassis and completely different suspension to the body off pictures. So are the body off pictures actually the same truck? Seems a bit weird...

Presumably it's because they have taken images from different stages of the build.

Possibly - but seems odd to include photos of the fully built up car before having the chassis off, if that's a major selling point? Seems weird to me, but maybe I'm just suspicious!

Possibly - but seems odd to include photos of the fully built up car before having the chassis off, if that's a major selling point? Seems weird to me, but maybe I'm just suspicious!
What do you think a build like that is worth?

Lord knows - the market is weird at the moment - but if its been done properly and was a full body-off restoration, what they're asking isn't mad money.

Back