Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear awning recommendations wanted

Animal Mother

Country Flag
wales
I want an awning that will fit nicely onto the rear of my tent/rack to pull out over the rear of the 120. About 1.5m width would be ideal I think, with the ability to attach "walls" to it for inclement weather.

I know EazyAwn is an option but at £500 it's a bit rich for my blood.

shame your not in Oz, i brought a 1.4 x 2.0 for the rear of my canopy for AU$76 also have 2.5 x 3.0 meter awnings on both sides of the canopy were around $120 each
https://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/pr...ning-upf-50-waterproof-incl-mounting-kit.html
bridle track phone pics 006.jpg

bridle track phone pics 068.jpg

bridle track phone pics 107.jpg

I had a look at cutting down a wider side awning for just this purpose. They're pretty cheap and plentiful. As long as you had someone who could turn a hem on the old Singer then there wasn't anything else that wouldn't cut down with a hacksaw. The only issue is that the legs still need to be long enough to support the awning but still fold after being collapsed telescopically. In other words, the width of the cut down would be limited by the length of the closed legs and the height of the vehicle. It may be the the Kings one has a triple section leg.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I have the larger one from Direct4x4 and it's really very good. I've had a few and there's little to choose between them. Most of the extrusions etc are the same. Certainly the fabric on the Direct 4x4 is excellent so is the cover. I've been to their place in Derby. The TuffTrek guys are also really nice and very helpful. They should be at the 4x4 show this month.

I may have a 1.4m one from direct 4x4 going spare soon. It’s only been used three times and has 3 sides which have had a row with the ground and have only been used once. If it’s of any interest I’ll put up some pics and we can sort out a price. I can probably even get the sides extended if you were interested.

I may have a 1.4m one from direct 4x4 going spare soon. It’s only been used three times and has 3 sides which have had a row with the ground and have only been used once. If it’s of any interest I’ll put up some pics and we can sort out a price. I can probably even get the sides extended if you were interested.

Something like this? https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/361338815850

If so, I'd be very interested. :thumbup:

Last edited:
Back