Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear draws build and setup

Just been offered a second hand yet hardly used Engel MT45F from the UK here in Cyprus. This looks like a good fridge / freezer.

Guy wanted £430 for it. Is that a good price guys?

Would appreciate your advice

Thanks

WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 16.37.0.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 16.37.1.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2018-02-17 at 16.37.01.jpeg

That's OK I'd say. Engel are good of course and unlike cheap units can be serviced and repaired. The only thing I'd say is that there are no internal divisions on there and from my experience, you end up with stuff just piled up in there. Worth looking for some alternative baskets or a divider to just keep things a little more orderly.

That's OK I'd say. Engel are good of course and unlike cheap units can be serviced and repaired. The only thing I'd say is that there are no internal divisions on there and from my experience, you end up with stuff just piled up in there. Worth looking for some alternative baskets or a divider to just keep things a little more orderly.

Yes Chris I'm aware of no divider maybe look into the if I feel its what I need later on.

Thank you

@Dervis Garip thats not a bad price, make sure you have all the leads, I didn't get the 12v lead when I bought mine and ended up having to get one sent over from the US which was still cheaper than getting it through APB, a total PITA.

Also the latch is a weak point, I've seen a couple where the latch is so loose it barely keeps the lid in place.

@Dervis Garip thats not a bad price, make sure you have all the leads, I didn't get the 12v lead when I bought mine and ended up having to get one sent over from the US which was still cheaper than getting it through APB, a total PITA.

Also the latch is a weak point, I've seen a couple where the latch is so loose it barely keeps the lid in place.

Thank you Rosy its has both leads 240v and DC with only being used three times the owner says so should be ok. Just one slight din on the side lid though :|

Just double checking if the unit works on 110v too as I'm looking to move to the united states eventually and take the vehicle with me.

If I get it I''ll be working on the figuring out the slider and hold down straps part of the build Thanks

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks great thanks for sharing. I'm looking at something like that just in the preliminary stage right now. Working on getting my build order list together then plan to build soon.

Heres mine first idea before measurements.

3D VIEW DRAWS.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure on the UK prices, but IMHO Engel are one of the best 12 volt compressor fridges.

Engel make awesome fridges and are in the top 3 along with National Luna and Snowmaster. :icon-biggrin:

Definitely put the fridge on the floor, ideally on a plywood false floor and if you can afford a slide, they make accessing the fridge even easier.

This is my setup, which after doing it totally wrong on my first 70, where by I fitted a huge set of heavy drawers, then put my fridge on top which ended up getting mounted on a big heavy, awkward MSA drop slide as it was too high to see in, I think I've got it spot on this time. :dance:

I've found not filling the entire boot space and leaving some floor space empty has provne hugely useful for putting things like a bag of fire wood, the babies pram, heavy car parts I dont want to lift up high. etc. :think:

IMG_6296.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6293.jpg

IMG_6294.jpg

@Dervis Garip

I have never used my latch, ever! The weight of the lid is enough even on rough roads. :shifty:

Thats a great setup thanks for sharing and yes I'm on a budget to make something work here. Defiantly gonna have the fridge low as its pretty tall like your setup.

Had a meeting with my carpenter today and upon measuring in detail and build requirements the margins appear to be smaller so its gonna be a one draw setup and pull out fridge now.

Hi Guys after buying the fridge I'm in the middle of planning the build and the electrical side of things for my setup.

Only thing I'd like is a battery cut out monitor module for the fridge as the Engle MT45F doesn't have one built in as a precaution to protect and maintain the battery for good health.

Anyone have an idea of what I can use?

Thanks

Well the CTEK does have that feature built in and of course gives great DC 2 DC charging. You can run power from either a never shut off point (like power to your distress beacon) or to consumer items that are non essential. You only need the DS250 and not the Smartpass unit.

Well the CTEK does have that feature built in and of course gives great DC 2 DC charging. You can run power from either a never shut off point (like power to your distress beacon) or to consumer items that are non essential. You only need the DS250 and not the Smartpass unit.

Hi Chris thanks for your help....not good with electrics can you clarify buying this unit below would cut out the fridge and protect the battery from draining ?

I'm currently only looking at 100amp car battery and not a leisure one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTEK-D25...829599&hash=item3af845712b:g:syEAAOSwRbtaFl6X

Thanks

Last edited:
Guys today became one step closer to the new draw setup.
Still have the handles and draw dividers to do along with the electrical fittings for the setup.

Awaiting for all the parts and then will take out and finalise with carpet and the finishing touches.

So grateful to my carpenter who took time out of his busy schedule to make this happen. Happy hows its turned out so far :icon-biggrin:

IMG_6383.jpg IMG_6382.jpg IMG_6386.jpg

Last edited:
Back