Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

rear mounted spare wheel carrier

Hemi

Country Flag
great_britain
gents,

I am about to undertake the restoration of Andy's old grey 62,one of the features I was looking to incorporate in the build was a rear mounted spare wheel, whilst there are a number of bumper mounted options which use a new black steel bumper with a swing arm mounted to the bumper are available I wanted to retain the original chrome bumper.

Have any of you guys used any of the body mounted options that are on a number of other Toyota 4x4 models that are mounted to the body and swing out ?

regards john

Hi I have new under car wind'up spare wheel carrier if it a help its £50 good look with it :thumbup:

Hi Tony
Thank you for your offer , I have a functional under body carrier as I’m feed up of been on my hands and knees when I need to change the spare I’d like to go with the rear mounted system.

Due to start the resto in September some time just getting the last of the panels needed

Welcome along John, there seems to be a few more members with 60's appearing on the forum of late.

Hi Tony

Thanks for that , I’ve done a few restorations over the years and I never look back on them as fun lol but let’s hope this ones different
Cheers
John

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back