Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rear power outlet

Gorse

Country Flag
great_britain
Does anyone know where I can get hold of an adapter to be able to use the power outlet in the boot of the 150 (see picture)? Or a part number? I can't seem to find a suitable item anywhere and am running out of search terms.

At the moment it's just a 'hole' with some electrical contacts under a spring-loaded flap. I'd like to be able to use it to plug in a standard three-pin UK plug.

Thanks very much.

View attachment 161147

Rearpoweroutlet.png

What you need is an inverter. It take 12v D.C and converts it to 240V AC, I’m guessing the oem one we’ll be pricey. It’s only a 100w so it’s not going to power anything substantial.

Last edited:
What you need is an inverter. It take 12v D.C and converts it to 240V AC, I’m guessing the oem one we’ll be pricey. It’s only a 100w so it’s not going to power anything substantial.

Thanks for the info. Still can't find anything though.

Does anyone have one they could quickly have a look at and send a pic/part number?

Whats in there a Hella Type socket??

Whats in there a Hella Type socket??
I have to be honest: I don't know what a Hella socket is, but by a quick Google search I think the answer is no. I've taken a picture, with a 20 pence piece for scale.
Socket.jpg

So now I'm wondering if that's a European style socket? Can anyone confirm? Maybe I just need a travel adapter.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well it does look like a EU socket

Well it does look like a EU socket
Yeah, it does. It didn't occur to me before. I assumed I needed something fancy and expensive from Toyota but perhaps I was wrong.

It is a European style plug, just buy one of those cheap converter plug you see every where.
Be very careful when you have one that fits snug as you can end up pushing the EU plug out and it's a pain putting it all back together.

The plug is also only on while the ignition is on or the engine is running. On the other hand it's a convenient way to charge laptops and things like that, I even ran one of those electric coolers off it for a while.

It is a European style plug, just buy one of those cheap converter plug you see every where.
Be very careful when you have one that fits snug as you can end up pushing the EU plug out and it's a pain putting it all back together.

The plug is also only on while the ignition is on or the engine is running. On the other hand it's a convenient way to charge laptops and things like that, I even ran one of those electric coolers off it for a while.
I will do that. Thanks.

Is this the standard fitment, or do they normally have a UK style 3-pin plug which I for some reason don't?

I think it's standard on all of them that has the socket.

Back