Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reat bumper step plate..

Guys let me know if this last post - thanks to JJ, is worth making a sticky in the 100 maintenance section and it shall be so.

I didn't write it, it's from 'Paddo' on ih8mud so I can't take any credit whatsoever. That's why I put "Credit to Paddo" at the beginning.

But feel free to make it a sticky, if you think thats okay.

Just for info,

Although I’m an engineer, I’m not a car mechanic, I have worked on many a car but never on a car with AHC, Active Hight Control. Most of my knowledge of the AHC on my 100 series has been gained from reading posts from ‘Paddo' and @uHu both of whom are very knowledgeable on the 100 series Land Cruiser in general.

I have only seen ‘Paddo' post on ih8mud, but ‘uHu' posts on ih8mud and Land Cruiser Club.

Last edited by a moderator:
History.

Garage managed to nick the rear shock / ram with a grinder, lost a load of fluid truck was down on it's bump stops, was also driven a couple of miles like this..

Replaced rear rams, one new one 2nd hand.

Bled 4x bleed nipples, nothing out of accumulator.

Then used the info you posted. Bled all 4x until down on bump stops, still nothing out of accumulator.

Started it up, green light on at N doesn't respond to H or L, green light flashes twice but nothing happens.

Drove around garden, off light comes on.

Back of truck is very high.

Now have this fault code. C1713 ride hight control sensor RH Circuit Malfunction.

Drinking tea now, scratching head..

db

You may have to do an 'Active Test' in other words force the pump to run, but don't run the pump for more than 10 seconds, to save a lot of typing I will point you in the right direction, theres a lot of threads on ih8mud, (and mainly from, like I said, Paddo and uHu) on the AHC system and what to do when you have air in the system. I think you will have to clear the fault codes first, Have you got Techstream? if not there is a method to sort thing out without it. How did you read the fault code C1713?

1) AHC very low, will off button keep pump from running? - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

2) How to reset AHC pump or bleed air from the system? - [Leaving Land Cruiser Club]

There are others, just do a search.

Strong Tea I hope, with no sugar, Earl Grey ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I do have a Denso IT 2 but it's so long since it's been used I think the rechargeable internal batteries aren't holding charge long enough as it keeps flickering and being a pain.

I'll get reading.. Thanks for the links. db :)

Last edited:
Techstream is usually on a laptop, and you can do almost as much as the Toyota dealers can do.

Happy reading, all is not lost.

How did they manage to nick the ram/shock, what were they grinding?

Flippin heck, that IndroCruise likes typing, must have worn his fingers to the bone.

Any luck with yours yet. :thumbup:

Just heading out to play with my new found knowledge, still at a loss at to why the accumulator doesn't bleed.. ?

Took the rear height sensor off last night, clean as a whistle inside. But I think it had been over extended as a stop tab has been bent.

Watch this space.. :)

Update.. All good so far..

This is a step by step process, not rocket science after all.

Just need to tweak the height sensors tonight then double check pressures by adjusting torsion bars.

One happy LC owner back on the road.

The link above is all you need to know.

Thanks..

db.

Back