Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reat KZJ70 rear light clusters like this

NeilP

Anyone know of a supplier of the rear light clusters as pictured in the pictura above.

Currently my cruiser has the type fitted at that are UK type, with the indicators in the rear bumper and the top section of the rear cluster is solid black plastic

i1541663-l-TOYOTA-KZJ-70+Hard-Top+TD+Alu.jpg

The lamps with the indicator lens in the main rear lamp cluster are not legal for use in the UK.

Or at least they weren't.

The reason for the ban was that with the rear door in the open position, the lamp cluster on the o/side is covered by the spare wheel.

I know a number of people have sourced the European style lamps and fitted them and as EU regulations can supersede UK regs, there may be enough of a problem for possible prosecution, for you to get away with it.

Personally I like the EU lamps and they are on my list of things to do.

Roger

well we are in Jersey so am not too concernred by UK REGS, also we are not EU either

But removing the lights in a bumper has to be a good idea
What ever brain dead muppet put lights ina bumper needs shooting, but then again the strength of the plastic lens is probably as strong as the pathetic excuse for metal that the original bumpers are made of

We want to get the lights out the bumper and allow it to be used as such rather than as a decreative item

I got a pair from the guy on eBay (France) got them delivered to a mate who lives in France and collected them on my last trip. They are still sat in the box in my garage, had a quick look and they seem ok, will need some re-wiring mods I think to make everything work.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Cant you edit your own posts on this bloody board?

wanted to try changing the link of the pic in my first post

6041445520_a1ef089bd8.jpg
[/url][/img]

Yea, I know that...but i wanted my photo to appear directly in the post without who ever, having to click on a link to view it.
The first post of mine with the picture of someone elses cruiser linked fine...but my second post with my link to my flickr photo does not appear...just the link, as you have done.This forums software does not even seem to have tha ability to upload photos directly to the actual post
It seems to be a flickr thing...i thing I'll just junk flickr and go back to storing images on my own server here at home

Posting pictures:

If you use Firefox to get a flickr image to show, or any other image on the Interweb, right click the image. If a box comes up select the largest size and then right click on the image and click "Copy Link Location."
If you use Google Chrome to get a flickr image to show, or any other image on the Interweb, right click the image. If a box comes up select the largest size and the right click on the image and click "Copy link URL."

If you use IE8, change your browser.......
If you use a Mac, good for you, best of luck.....

Now go to the forum and open a post, click the img button just above the area you are typing in on the forum. This adds 2 tags

Put you mouse between the 2 tags and and right click to paste the link you copies earlier (keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V)

***** ALWAYS USE PREVIEW TO CHECK BEFORE YOU SUBMIT **** as it does not always work.

and you should get this (Well i do)

6041445520_a1ef089bd8_b.jpg

Hope that helps

Roger Fairclough said:
The lamps with the indicator lens in the main rear lamp cluster are not legal for use in the UK.

The reason for the ban was that with the rear door in the open position, the lamp cluster on the o/side is covered by the spare wheel.

I know a number of people have sourced the European style lamps and fitted them and as EU regulations can supersede UK regs, there may be enough of a problem for possible prosecution, for you to get away with it.

Roger
That's interesting :think: I'm sure that over the years of reading 4x4 related trivia that it was a viewing angle thing here in the UK, with the spare on the back door and body mounted indicators you can't see the indicator beyond a certain angle from the rear of the center line of the vehicle :)

Birder said:
Posting pictures:

If you use Firefox to get a flickr image to show, or any other image on the Interweb, right click the image. If a box comes up select the largest size and then right click on the image and click "Copy Link Location."
If you use Google Chrome to get a flickr image to show, or any other image on the Interweb, right click the image. If a box comes up select the largest size and the right click on the image and click "Copy link URL."

If you use IE8, change your browser.......
If you use a Mac, good for you, best of luck.....

Now go to the forum and open a post, click the img button just above the area you are typing in on the forum. This adds 2 tags

Put you mouse between the 2 tags and and right click to paste the link you copies earlier (keyboard shortcut Ctrl+V)

***** ALWAYS USE PREVIEW TO CHECK BEFORE YOU SUBMIT **** as it does not always work.

Yep unfortunately do use a Mac...but whatever OS...it is not an OS thing. So many OS's here from Ubuntu and BSD ..Win2k, XP etc..all have good and bad points.

Do understand the Image tag thing
Code:
[img]Image URL here[/img]
...check out he very first post in this thread...I post images to many other forums, some that allow uploading of attachments with the posts and those that do not. I know how to link to external pictures fine...but thanks for the tutorial anyway..many people do not know...I know...I should have known better..I do part time IT support for a couple of local companies..and the obvious is often the most overlooked option

I does seem to be a flickr thing.
I used the obvious route to grabbing the image link from flickr:
Get the image up
Click the Share button
Click the Grab the link button
Copy and paste the link that appears...but as we have seen in my previous posts...this does not work..so the work around you suggest is required.

Grabbing the link as flickr offers you does not work....Theses did not work:
Code:
[img][url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/suh_neilp/6041445520/"][img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6041445520_a1ef089bd8.jpg[/img][/url][/img]

[img]http://www.flickr.com/photos/suh_neilp/6041445520/[/img]

I see what is happening...they are offering you a link that when you share, brings up a page with the image embedded in it...where as your method grabs the image straight from the actual server farm location...without all the crap window dressing flickr add

Code:
[img]http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6196/6041445520_a1ef089bd8_b.jpg[/img]

So when I posted
NeilP said:
Ah bo***Cks to it...mus be a flickr thing
I was partially correct...it is a flickr thing...but also i should have seen what was wrong but ( an here is my excuse) it was late..I was on the wrong side of a bottle of red..and annoyed that I could not go back and edit my previous posts after replies had been made

but yes, you are correct...i should use the preview button more often...a big failing of mine....submit..edit...submit..edit...rather than just preview

Hi NeilP

Firstly, my post was only trying to help, sorry if i offended you in some way, I run my own web support line and have always found the worst to help are the "IT experts" who now how to do it.... ( :D )

To assist those who are interested.

The flickr "grab a link" does what it says and does work (for links), but both listed in your code are URL's to the page you were viewing, not to the image on the page.

The img tag needs to be to a path and image file name and does not work with a page URL call.

Code:
[img][/img] is used for images, images-path/image-file-name
[url][/url] is for URL's to a page, path/page

Mine is the simplest way I have ever found to display the image

As to submit, edit, submit edit, on this forum it only works for about a minute and then you cant edit it any more, so preview is the best and proper way.

Yea, no offensive taken at all...It is always best when offering advice to go straight in at the basics and assume no prior knowledge ,

When you say
but both listed in your code are URL's to the page you were viewing, not to the image on the page.

I think we are both saying the same thing...i said it as:
they are offering you a link that when you share, brings up a page with the image embedded in it...where as your method grabs the image straight from the actual server farm location...without all the crap window dressing flickr add

but both have the same underlying meaning...just you put it better :clap:

Cheers

Neil

NeilP: Now if you can just explain the offside rule to my wife and we are done! :angry-banghead:

Roger Fairclough said:

Roger

X Close Roger, it's actually against construction regulations and it is only illegal for manufacturers to fit them to vehicles bound for the UK market. It is perfectly legal to fit them as aftermarket, or for that matter import a vehicle from another country with these lights to use on the UK roads. They conform to all UK road laws, just not the construction regulations ;)

Hi Birder

I am afraid the offside rule and football in general is a mystery to me also

I see you are in Boston..I used to work up there back in 1987..Kirton. for Univeg, ans also downt he road in Frampton..cant remember the name of the farm now....just past Frampton Church ..Church on LHS, farm was on RHS..Lime Tree Farm maybe

Univeg (Kirton) was sold to Marshalls in 2004 and then to Produce World in 2007, I think it was Manor Farm

Its such a small world, there a people who live in Kirton that have never even seen a hill, some even play a banjo..... :D

Back