Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommendations for Carby tuning in Hunter Valley/Newcastle area 3F FJ75 troopy.

Matthew Boes

Country Flag
australia
Hi guys i am looking for recommendations of workshops/people who do carburetor tuning in the Hunter valley/Newcastle area.

I have recently purchased a 1990 FJ75 troopy from my grandpa who brought it new back in 1990.
It's in mint condition and is still dead stock with the petrol 3F engine and standard Aisan carburettor.

It seems like carby tuning is a dying art these days so i am trying to find someone who is experienced with tuning the standard Aisan carby.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Matthew well done on talking grandpa into selling you the truck i'm sure we would all like to see it .

Sadly your question is unlikely to get many replies because while the forum has members from all over the world we don't have many Australian's who might help with local questions .

While i hope you stick around to show us how your truck evolves , assuming you have plans for it , its only fair to suggest you might have more luck getting answers to this particular question on Pradopoint

Give Paul at Mirrabooka Motors (near Morrisset) a call, he's an old school mechanic who might be able to help.

A bit further south than you were looking, but still that north end of the lake Macquarie area.

Back