Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recommended Mechanical shops in Brisbane (AUSTRALIA) that are experienced with 12HT

Cruiser.Enthusiast

Country Flag
australia
Hi,

this is my first post :icon-biggrin:

So before my question (Looking for recommendations on Mechanical shops in Brisbane that are experienced tuning the 12HT motor) I thought I'd give a quick snapshot of myself.

I was introduced to Landcruiser's in 1986 when my Dad bought home a year old 1985 model - May built - HJ60 5sp, which I might add he still owns today despite him having the funds to buy a new Cruiser. He just loves it. It only has ~210,000klm and has always been garaged with him being the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] owner.

With my family growing, in 2000 I bought a 1985 model - Jan built - HJ60 Auto Sahara. I'm the 3rd owner & it has ~318,000klm but now it suffers from some serious gutter rust :icon-cry: as it’s never been garaged & it’s done a fair bit of beach camping too. Mechanically its great – recently towed our caravan to/from Rocky. I fitted two transmission coolers to it as soon as I bought it, so the auto has never given me any troubles.

Anyway with the rust the way it is, I’ve now decommissioned it & am about to move its full rego to Club rego to save a few bob in rego costs.

Its replacement has been something I've always wanted - a HJ61.
I struck gold & bought it off the 2nd owner some months back & low & behold it was sold new by Southside Toyota in June 1988 to a Doctor. It’s only done ~311,000klm too.
So with these low klm & owners I just had to buy it despite it being an auto - I really wanted a 5sp but they are just rare as rocking horse sh#t.

Now back to my question.
I've always done my own mechanical repairs/servicing but as I want to drive this HJ61 to Sydney & back over Easter with our caravan in tow - I really want to make sure the engine was checked over by an experienced 12HT mechanic & tuned if need be.

Can anyone highly recommend an experienced 12HT mechanic or mechanical workshop in Brisbane?
I'd prefer northside if possible but I’m happy to travel to get quality workmanship & experience.

cheers from your Cruiser Enthusiast

Back