Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Recovery Points

garygiles1963

HI

On my last trip I felt there was a couple of moments I may have got stuck. I'm going to get some recovery tracks, which ones I don't know yet.

So I'm also thinking I should get some recovery points fitted to my LC 120.

Has anyone else done this to there 120, if so did you do it yourself. How easy were they to fit. Where did you get the parts from?

Regards
Gary

I was under the impression that you had a tow bar at the back, and there are some recovery points in the front already there.

Are you looking to just get some recovery points at a height ?

I carry maxtrax recovery tracks and they work well, but ££££

I think ARB also make front recovery mounts

Hi

Thanks Andy, just had a look at ARB site, couldn't find any recovery points for a 120. I may have to get them from Oz.

I just brought a pair of Waffle boards. I just can't afford 2 x MaxTrax. I don't do enough off roading. I may treat myself to a pair before the next trip.

G.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I reckon they should be as good as any, being rated and designed specifically for your vehicle with appropriate mounting hardware as long as the mounting point on the chassis is sound and not weakened by corrosion. The only reservation I would have about recovery points mounted low down on the chassis is access to them should you get stuck in deep mud or a ford/river crossing etc.

Back