Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Remapping

markus67

Country Flag
uk
Hello fellow Forumers

I am in need of a little help, I have the KDJ120 Land Cruiser and I am in the midst of remapping it, and I was wondering if there is anyone out there that can give me a visual representation of the maps for example, I would like to identify the EGR Map, the Injection Map etc etc, does anyone know where I can go and see them, or whether there is someone on this forum that can help.

Mark

Agree, TONYCY11, has been using an ozbush mapper for some years, without any problems, which IIRC, is plug and play and adjustable, and can easily be removed to go back to stock if wanted.
Depends what the OP is trying to achieve really. Actually 'adjusting' the ecu or settings is not something I would do, but as others, very interested in this.

For the cost of a £100 the ozbush manual mapper is a plug and play fitted in 10 mins , deletes the egr valve so it allows you to fit a full egr blanking plate with no engine light , ( fitting a blanking plate is not necessary with the mapper as it shuts the egr valve down by deleting it from the ecu , the full blanking plate is just a insurance in case the egr cooler cracks inside due to the hot exhaust flowing into the egr cooer and being trapped there due to egr valve staying shut and allow the coolant from cracked egr cooler the to flood the engine and hydro lock it ), manually adjust the mapping of the ecu for more power or more economy in seconds all within the boundary's of reliability and durability of the engine ,and has a bypass switch to turn it off or can be removed in 5 mins , its a no brainer really ,

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I am remapping it myself, but I want to get to grips with the different Maps, once I have a clear visualisation of what each Map represents, it is my intention to put up a video on youtube for people to see and follow

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
What are you using to flash the car, also to view the maps? Some bits of software can search your vehicles binary read and display in the correct format, with factors applied showing X/Y axis. This would save you a lot of time and effort, although you are limited to just what the software vendor lets you view/change. The other option is to use a binary editing software but you have to find everything yourself which is much more difficult but gives you almost unlimited scope to change what you want.

Hi big-yin Thanks for your message, I am using Ktag to Read/Write data and I am using WinOls to read the data. Obviously the maps that are shown in WinOls does not give the name, just the X/Y Axis as you mentioned, this is why I am after a visual representation of what the EGR, Injection Maps etc looks like before making the necessary changes

OK thanks for the information. What is your make/model/year/engine size, also the ECU ID details?

For the cost of a £100 the ozbush manual mapper is a plug and play fitted in 10 mins , deletes the egr valve so it allows you to fit a full egr blanking plate with no engine light , ( fitting a blanking plate is not necessary with the mapper as it shuts the egr valve down by deleting it from the ecu , the full blanking plate is just a insurance in case the egr cooler cracks inside due to the hot exhaust flowing into the egr cooer and being trapped there due to egr valve staying shut and allow the coolant from cracked egr cooler the to flood the engine and hydro lock it ), manually adjust the mapping of the ecu for more power or more economy in seconds all within the boundary's of reliability and durability of the engine ,and has a bypass switch to turn it off or can be removed in 5 mins , its a no brainer really ,
Sounds absolutely perfect for most people

OK, its a Land Cruiser LC4 3.0L D4D KDJ120 (1KDFTV) Engine (2007) it has a DENSO 89663-60890 Hope this helps

I don't have that ID although could probably get hold of it if needed but do have a 4.5 V8 TDI project so i've put a few the EGR, Boost and torque tables below, you don't need to adjust the injection tables on these. Any more questions pop a reply or PM me. Hope this is helps.

Attachments

• egr.png
    egr.png
    967.8 KB · Views: 63
  • torquetable example.png
    torquetable example.png
    782.5 KB · Views: 59
  • turbopressure.png
    turbopressure.png
    906.5 KB · Views: 56
Mate that is just fantastic and I appreciate it very much, just a quick question, you have said that I dont need to adjust the injection tables, but are you able to send me a pic of what the Map looks like so that I could send you the figures and perhaps you could give your input on them

Sure, this is the main injection table. It should be scaled enough and just inject the fuel correctly depending on X/Y axis. Some of these tables are 8 bit, some are 16 plus it has floating point tables too. Have fun :)

Attachments

• injection duration.png
    injection duration.png
    1 MB · Views: 60
I dont want to be a pain in the backside, but my file seems to be totally different to the ones that you have sent me, so, what I was wondering whether you are able to look at my file and perhaps rename the relevant Maps to the ones that I am after, ie EGR, Injection, Torque, Boost etc. I will be indebted to you and really appreciate your cooperation

Yeah, won't be this evening but will try to have a look later in the week. If you can attach the stock file here i'll have a look.

Thank you so much, I have attached the file here.

Attachments

• Original file TOYOTA LAND CRUISER PRADOFORTUNER (J120) ECU DENSO DENSO 175822-887 36089100 896...zip
    217.1 KB · Views: 81
The tables are there, I've not highlighted them but pictures below show you where they are, just need to spend time to find them. The other ones should be in a similar position relative to these, how long it takes will depend on how long you've been using WINIOLS for ;)

Attachments

• Prado injection duration.png
    Prado injection duration.png
    109.7 KB · Views: 55
  • Prado torque limits.png
    Prado torque limits.png
    118.7 KB · Views: 60
Thank you for what you have done for me, I will have a look and will let you know how it goes, have a great new year

Back