Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Removal of rad help please lj71 auto

JimmyLJ71

Hi
Im in the process of stripping my truck down for a re-spray, I had the engine re-built a few years back, new turbo, water pump oil pump etc but I never changed the rad, I've found a company that will re-core it for a good price near me, just a bit concernened in that mine is an auto and I believe there is an oil cooler built into the rad.
Has anyone removed one, am I opening a can of worms?

I haven't removed mine but when I was a mechanic I've taken loads out on different vehicles. The main thing is not to damage any plastic fittings that might be attached as they get brittle from heatsoak over the years. Undoing the pipes for the cooler may require extra care not to twist the bosses off or mangle a line, but overall I don't think it would be a big job.

Many thanks.
Had a good day and bad day today, got the rear windows out, mud flaps and rear bumper off great, now found a botched repair on the off side at the bottom of the wheel arch, considering getting the body off, not sure how much it will cost.

Many thanks.
Had a good day and bad day today, got the rear windows out, mud flaps and rear bumper off great, now found a botched repair on the off side at the bottom of the wheel arch, considering getting the body off, not sure how much it will cost.

Back