Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

removing vinyl from 105 series

Ishman

Country Flag
australia
Hi, I am trying to remove the vinyl in the rear of my 105 series and am having trouble.
Please tell me what this is in my attached pics. I can't remove it and the vinyl won't come out unless I do. Under neath the vinyl is a small thin metal plate which has 2 long screws each side of the main bolt. These screws and the main bolt tap into another small plate under the truck body.
Interestingly the metal arm rotates freely, and while it has a hole in it at the end, and one in the vinyl beneath, there is no anchor point for anything to screw into.
The plastic top of the main bolt spins freely, independent of the main bolt- it can not be removed...it seems...someone has obviously tried before me as well.
Any help would be much appreciated, thank you.

truck6.jpeg truck2.jpeg truck4.jpeg

That looks like something someone has added Ishman. It doesn't look like its a Toyota OE Fitment.

Looks like they've tried to make some sort of captive nut affair by sandwiching a nut in the middle between the two plates underneath. I would imagine that's a bit rusty and needs holding with a spanner or grips between the plates while someone tries to undo the bolt from above.

Once the main bolt holding the strap is out, and the vinyl removed, the other two bolts could be removed and the holes made good with rubber grommets after painting the edges of the hole.

Welcome to the forum Ishman.

Best wishes
Richard

I dont recall seeing this anywhere in my 105. Where exactly is it ?

Thanks for your help guys, perhaps it is an after market mod; I thought it was factory because it has been on every one I've seen at the wreckers. I'm getting some work done on it tomorrow so will see if my mechanic knows. cheers

Back