Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement Injectors.

AndycruiserguyLomas

Supporter
Guru
Country Flag
england
Having thought about it long and hard, I've decided to replace the injectors ( done 142k) . These only rattle for the first few seconds of startup and then they are pretty quiet after that. That said, they will only get gradually worse over time , I very much like the truck for what it is for the money and intend to keep it for the next 2-3 years so replacement injectors it is.
Now the question is, re con or new? Everyone who has changed their injectors has noticed an improvement in quietness so I guess its worth doing.
Several people have had recon ones wheras a couple of people have had new. Either way its an expensive exercise but one which needs doing.
I am tempted by these being new.
-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DENS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I just need to be sure they will be the right ones for my 05 120.

Are there any suggestions from anyone with experience, I'm sure recons are cheaper but is the saving worth it?

Having thought about it long and hard, I've decided to replace the injectors ( done 142k) . These only rattle for the first few seconds of startup and then they are pretty quiet after that. That said, they will only get gradually worse over time , I very much like the truck for what it is for the money and intend to keep it for the next 2-3 years so replacement injectors it is.
Now the question is, re con or new? Everyone who has changed their injectors has noticed an improvement in quietness so I guess its worth doing.
Several people have had recon ones wheras a couple of people have had new. Either way its an expensive exercise but one which needs doing.
I am tempted by these being new.
-https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-DENSO-COMMON-RAIL-DIESEL-FUEL-INJECTOR-095000-7780/171830752128?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I just need to be sure they will be the right ones for my 05 120.

Are there any suggestions from anyone with experience, I'm sure recons are cheaper but is the saving worth it?
Thats a good price Andy for new denso injectors , I have seen recon ones going for that much , to see if they fit yours unplug number 1 injector and look to see if its a 2 pin for models manufactured after 2004 or a 4 pin that were made upto 2004 , then ask the seller if their ones for sale are 2 pin or 4 pin , you will need 5 leak off washers as they can not be reused and make sure the injector ports are mirror shiny clean with no specs of dirt where the seat sit , look on fourby4diesel on youtube he gives plenty of info and tips in changing injectors .

No advice about the injectors, all I can say is don't over tighten the bolts that hold them in....

No advice about the injectors, all I can say is don't over tighten the bolts that hold them in....
like TonyP said torque settings for the washes , hold down bolts etc need to be exact .

Back