Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Replacement remote door locking

Chris

Super Moderator
Supporter
Garage
Country Flag
great_britain
Fed up with not being able to locate a replacement single button door blipper for my ageing 80, I have bought this from ebay. It's Waeco and according to the seller, unused but pretty old - like my truck. I know that it won't set the alarm, which does work perfectly, but having the ability to lock and unlock without the key is a handy thing, which is why every car now made has it as a feature I guess. If I want the alarm on then I can just double lock with the key. Not that often that I leave it somewhere where it needs the alarm on actually as it's not a daily drive.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SA:GB:1123

We'll see how it integrates!

Chris

Should be handy enough to fit Chris,

I used fit alarms and locking kits by the box full, but now all cars come with them, cash jobs gone!!!!!!!

Just find the loom inside the drivers footwell, or sneak into the drivers door and tap into the "lock" switch!

Thanks RJ. It comes with destructions of course. Be nice to have bingers again. Be even nicer if I could get it to set the alarm. When I lock the door with the key, it does set. But I wasn't aware that the key was detected by the door lock in that way so it was a bit of a surprise. So it may be that when I simply lock the door that this sets the alarm too. The Immobiliser is completely separate from the early version TVSS alarm system. I contacted autowatch when I got the vehicle and gave them the serial of the little dongle on the key ring and by return they sent me a spare immobiliser fob. Quite a service for something that old, I thought. It is so efficient that without the fob, not even the dash lights when you turn the key. The car is utterly dead.

I suppose that it's possible that the old TVSS might respond to a newer reprogrammed two button TVSS fob, but it's lots of messing around really. The alarm control box is loose under the seat so easy to get to. I might have to come back to you for some tips RJ.

Chris

No probs at all Chris,
If I can be of any help, just ask, might be able to point u in the right direction.

Stuck at work at the mo with bad weather offshore, so hope to be travelling home tomorrow, so probably wont b online much

Man that came quick! Faster than a Jane Fonda workout video.

Hmm, maybe more work that I wanted. Two wires I can cope with, 3 and I need the instructions. When there are this many wires, I start to feel light-headed and a bit queasy.

All to unlock the doors? Are they kidding? I might not connect all of them. Do I need the lights to come on inside, err nope. They'll come on when I open the door.

Chris

Back