Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

Well that sucks after waiting so long Dervis.

Guys with Tony’s many hours of help outside his house was fiddling and helping me adjust the roof tent, fitting the awning to this being the current set up for now.

The awning being on the right hand side and having the handle to open up the Roof tent was a concern.

I’ve made a part for a ratchet to use instead making more room available and so looking to modify the awning to be in more toward the bodyline. Looking at 3-4 cem’s if I can do it to be more flush with the wind deflectors today.

View attachment 147615 View attachment 147616 View attachment 147617
Hi Dervis
I am glad to have been of help,
Kind Regards
Tony

You must be very disappointed Dervis, after all the excitement and anticipation of arrival. This kit isn’t cheap I know, and the shippers need as big a slap as you can inflict on them.

You’re very lucky to have Geoff and Tony to hand.

You’ll get it sorted I know, but the extra work, removal, cost of repair, refitting, its all aggro you dont need.

It seems a common dilemma getting an awning and RTT to work in harmony, again you'll get it right, but it may take a few attempts and minor mods.

Hopefully you’ve got it all working for the visit here.

Best of luck mate...

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You must be very disappointed Dervis, after all the excitement and anticipation of arrival. This kit isn’t cheap I know, and the shippers need as big a slap as you can inflict on them.

You’re very lucky to have Geoff and Tony to hand.

You’ll get it sorted I know, but the extra work, removal, cost of repair, refitting, its all aggro you dont need.

It seems a common dilemma getting an awning and RTT to work in harmony, again you'll get it right, but it may take a few attempts and minor mods.

Hopefully you’ve got it all working for the visit here.

Best of luck mate...
Thank you Clive .... yes gonna get it right eventually just money and more time but thankful to be able you pull it all together again.
Today started to cut and modify the brackets that came with the awning to make them narrower and pull in the awning more towards the trucks bodyline. With these mods I was able to shave 4cm off what it looked like at the beginning.

I recon with some twicks I can pull in another’s 1-2 can more next time just run out of time today.

C9C9DB38-03FE-442D-8A54-471AFB7747B1.jpeg F31A6FF7-C6E9-4774-AE0B-763442576EA7.jpeg 0BC2FD9A-CEB1-4C6C-B58B-3B5CBE4ADCB7.jpeg

Last edited:
My option to pull in the body more was only possible by making / modify to use a ratchet system in opening and closing the roof top tent this saving space to make it happen. If I had bought a Left hand side awning I wouldn’t have had this issue!!

06A28918-354E-4D0F-811F-8EFA5E7B4C09.jpeg

So glad it is coming together for your Dervis - albeit, slowly :frowning:

We just need pics of everything deployed - possibly on a beach with lot's of topless sunbathers ( male & female to be unbiased :) ) in the background.

Failing that, a nice wooded mountain clearing?

So glad it is coming together for your Dervis - albeit, slowly :frowning:

We just need pics of everything deployed - possibly on a beach with lot's of topless sunbathers ( male & female to be unbiased :) ) in the background.

Failing that, a nice wooded mountain clearing?

Looking to do that soon Geoff just haven't had the time. Will post some especially on the road trip soon. :thumbup:

Thanks

Guys first chance testing the roof tent was tonight being too hot in the day time tbh.

Drove 10 min down the the road to a quite beach. Sea breeze and the reflection of the moon on the seafront was a great place to be.

Thankfullt everything worked well and was able to use the racket to lift the tent up with only downside being it taking 5 times at least longer and wearing you arm out...lol

A small comprise I guess.

Still having some trouble hitting my head when I’m exiting the vehicle on the awning so I gotta pull it in a bit more hopefully a couple of Centimeters is all I got left to play with so fingers cross it’s gonna work :pray:

Thanks

Guys first chance testing the roof tent was tonight being too hot in the day time tbh.

Drove 10 min down the the road to a quite beach. Sea breeze and the reflection of the moon on the seafront was a great place to be.

Thankfullt everything worked well and was able to use the racket to lift the tent up with only downside being it taking 5 times at least longer and wearing you arm out...lol

A small comprise I guess.

Still having some trouble hitting my head when I’m exiting the vehicle on the awning so I gotta pull it in a bit more hopefully a couple of Centimeters is all I got left to play with so fingers cross it’s gonna work :pray:

Thanks

Can’t you raise it a little too Dervis?

Can’t you raise it a little too Dervis?

There’s only two options I’ve got it on the highest for now without more mods Clive.

Once I make the final adjustments whilst the roof tent is being painted I’ll see where I am with it. It’s all trial and error making small twicks here and there.

Thanks

Guys today received the long awaited front offset bushes from the land of oz. I can say now every bush has been changed over finally.

The parcel arrived with a A4 diangram to align the bushes on top making it an easy straightforward change over.

Only obstical was it being a greasy job..lol

527695FB-103E-4CDC-A02D-5358F2391CC5.jpeg 382A477D-0E8E-491E-9E6F-DFF8FDA5A55F.jpeg A1B2ABD9-1E61-4972-AE42-787A90E128FD.jpeg

Guys with the tour trip to Romania to see Clive and family via Turkey got the vehicle serviced and had a leak from the right drivers side washer valve.

Had changed the other side a few years back so thankfully having ordered two had a spare at hand. Simple fix when you have the parts lol.

4305BD6C-E829-4B95-BCB9-EF6183B28E6A.jpeg CB7BD108-BDD5-4C6B-9CC7-32BCF80AA0D9.jpeg 54C74EA2-5C27-4EC7-9F65-727D8AF36A85.jpeg

I’ve replaced both sides on mine Dervis, and the drivers side twice (in 12 years)...

PITA these valves...

Guys having been back and preordered a couple of useful items for the overlanding setup.

Very thankfully for my cousin from the USA who took the time and energy to bring these all the way over to Cyprus for me.

So today had to take the sliding base out and modify to fit the new model transit bag. Gotta say there pricy but you really can see how much works gone into it and the quality of the materials. Will certainly see it’s benefits having already turned down the fridge setting so improved efficiency already.

Also much needed even prior was a outside trash storage bag. Seen these on YouTube and thought it would fit the bill nicely. Look forward to using it and the added benefit.

Overall a nice upgrade grateful to been able to have & use now.

59AC733D-E0A0-4F5B-AE9E-EF8436835B14.jpeg 24C410A4-158D-464A-8B4E-B48A8A29AC2E.jpeg 23C4D941-9E4E-4713-BC0F-1F0069B19EA3.jpeg 0B26C83F-5196-4F9A-8AE4-B972E60FB887.jpeg

Also diagnosed a issue looming of late even experienced in the Turkey tour.

The primer pump was leaking air and therefore starting the vehicle the starter would have to work longer and harder. Upon testing it was either adding a stop valve or placing the unit.

Luckily having bought one on eBay some years ago I changed it over and yet was concerned with the nozzles being narrower on this model for some reason?

Either way left the hoses long due to the locations being altered for now so to test it out for any proformace issues.

Straight away the car started on the spot and driving was much better. Probably was losing performance tbh of late so hopefully be better now.

B1A54110-5BCB-4B52-B555-E741BA1E5D21.jpeg

Guys latest update thanks to chapel gate arrival of the much anticipated tailgate hatch bed from the UK to Cyprus. Item arrived well packaged and contents tidily laid out.

IMG_7328.jpg IMG_7330.jpg

Back