Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Restoration body shop repair

Finally getting round to polishing the new paint with protection. Thankfully turned out great..... Another tick off the list of jobs.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Yep, I guess that will work. My centre console is quite different and that panel wouldn't work at all in my truck, that's why I was inquiring.

I've recently had the oil gauge pack up so I've installed a stand alone oil gauge pod on the drivers "A" post, but now the fuel gauge has died.

Must find time to get the sender out of the tank to see what's up.

Yep, I guess that will work. My centre console is quite different and that panel wouldn't work at all in my truck, that's why I was inquiring.

I've recently had the oil gauge pack up so I've installed a stand alone oil gauge pod on the drivers "A" post, but now the fuel gauge has died.

My gauges all work perfectly but seems better to have a more accurate reading Clive for me a least. For sure they serve as a back up too like you pointed out clearly.

There are companies that repair the speedometer unit that I do know.

I cleaned my sender unit when I stripped the car. Wanted to change the filter but their only sold separately in the land of Oz. Didn't have the time to ship in with so much going on.
Hopefully you fix yours without too much trouble Clive

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That looks stunning Indigo you must be well pleased with yourself and this is coming from someone (myself) who has never found the 80 series to be aesthetically pleasing . Well done mate :clap:

That looks stunning Indigo you must be well pleased with yourself and this is coming from someone (myself) who has never found the 80 series to be aesthetically pleasing . Well done mate :clap:

Wow ...... Thank you Shayne much appricated. It's always surprising what we can acounplish with a vision & putting our hearts & soul forward.

Surprising how 6 years of ownership turns around changes made.
Bought the vehicle as shown in black in June 2010 with a series of problems.
For the love of the 80 series it grew on me over time. Now it's family part of the furniture. (now that's what I tell my girlfriend);)

Still working off a list off jobs..... Like most of you I'm sure it never seems to be done..... Haha
I've adopted it to being a hobby now.... Lol

Thankfully it's been a joy

image.jpeg

Ordered & delivered OEM DEPO signal / turn lights from Ebay US. There weren't as good as the ones replaced but pretty pleased with the fitting & shiny clear plastic look.

Thanks to my cousin who brought these & other bits for me with is visit here now. :)

IMG_3646.jpg

Decided to clean up & sand down the bottle jack that looked worse for wear. Thankfully works perfectly fine.
Unfortunately upon buying the vehicle the enclosure end was missing & so wasn't useable.

IMG_3267.jpg IMG_3268.jpg

That's looking fantastic now Dervis. I too wasn't sure about the colour at first but it has grown on me too.

I'm wondering, with more than one gauge giving trouble Clive, if you have something common to the gauges that's gone faulty rather than all the senders. Perhaps an earth connection or there may be a voltage regulator for the gauges somewhere as there usually is on most cars.

That's looking fantastic now Dervis. I too wasn't sure about the colour at first but it has grown on me too.

Thanks StarCruiser i'm very pleased with the colour it suits a dusty environment here in Cyprus well. Like always the pictures do not show up as good as seeing it in the flesh.
Also looking to move to Arizona USA soon so looking to take it there eventually with the 25 year import rules they have.

The car drives really well & the sound deadening has made a significant difference in feeling more solid too.

Got a few more mods coming soon.

Last edited:
Back