Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Reverse Camera on a 2020 LC79

anconap

Country Flag
australia
Can somebody please assist as I can't find any specific information.

I have a new 79 with a head unit PZQ60-00345 and I need to install a reverse camera utilising this standard head unit. I don't want a separate screen. I have the camera and basic wiring to feed up to the head unit.

Is there a specific wire harness that I need to plug into the rear of the head unit?

Any help will be great.

Cheers

Peter
IMG_6986.JPG

ye u need a adaptor..... probably go to autobarn or supercheap or something like that.... aerpro makes these aftermarket cables.....

Hi sonic. Thank you very much, you’re a legend. I found it through aerpro.
18AC5744-BFF8-4B1A-82CA-6BAA33987978.png

Was this issue resolved, I'm now going through the same process. Aerpro yesterday emailed me to say they do not make a harness for the VDJ79. I purchased two harnesses so far from Aerpro, a 4 pin plug which is incorrect and a 12 pin APVTY12 patch harness which is the correct plug but it does not operate the screen.

The head unit is PZQ60-00345 and it may be the same at used in 2019 200's and probably some Hilux, Subarus etc all of which have reverse cameras.

As I have the plug, I can probably wire it up to make the camera operate, I just need a wiring diagram to show where to run the cables from the APVTY12 to. Aerpro are of no assistance.

Toyota appear to offer a harness, PZQ 00230, as a patch harness for Hilux. To use that I would still need a diagram showing how to run the cables as the plug may not have a socket in the VDJ.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back