Reverse Camera wiring on '95 -advise pls.

TALAMAN Mar 13, 2018

1. TALAMAN

TALAMAN Well-Known Member I am in cyprus

Map
    Hi Folks! searched for the answer but most people seem to be using the wireless cameras.

However, I have bought a hard wired system. I can sort the electrical connections (probably) but I am after advise on the best route for the cable from the rear of the car to the back of the stereo. I could probably work something out myself, but thought I would ask you clever chappies to see if there is a proven or best route for this cable before I end up ripping half the interior out :angry-banghead:

Hope someone can help. Thanks.

2. Dervis Garip

Dervis Garip Well-Known Member Supporter I am in cyprus

Garage:
    Map
    Andy lomas is your man here Geoff.

3. MarkW

MarkW Well-Known Member I am in morocco

Map
    Most of the loom runs inside the door sills along the interior. All the trim is fairly easy to remove.

You can probably just tuck the cable under a lot of it if it’s a small cable.

4. TALAMAN

Map
    Thanks Mark, guessed it would be easy enough but thought I would ask.

5. br1anuk

br1anuk New Member

Map
    If you buy the reverse camera for a LC120 that replaces the number plate light it can be very easily modified to fit the LC95 numberplate light.
    Only £10 off eBay and looks like a factory installation.

6. TALAMAN

Map
  7. TALAMAN

Map
    Well got it all done and I can see backwards without twisting my neck off my shoulders. :thumbup::thumbup:

There is one snag though. It looks like someone has painted red yellow and green lines on my driveway while I was working on the car!:lol:

8. br1anuk

br1anuk New Member

Map
    Best mod I've done, we have a boat trailer and it means I can reverse straight onto the hitch on my own without having to wait around for someone to back me up.

Don't like the adverts? Become a supporter