Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Richard Hammond reveals the new Land Rover Defender

I think he said a 4 and 6 cyl Petrol wjth some Hybrid nonsense thrown in and a Diesel, But didnt say which Lump...

Quite interesting guy talking about his experience of the defender. Even got the overland show footage with cruisers lol

Anyone know the engine options and if there is a manual gearbox?

3.0 V6 petrol turbo. 400bhp
2.0 petrol turbo. 300bhp
2.0 Diesel 240bhp
2.0 Diesel 200bhp

All auto.

And incredibly, the most important part is a cost option (not the security box!)
jump.png

Ha ha we're in it. Tom, Julie, Sam at least.

Damn there expensive jump leads..

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Seen the back of me trailer at 7 min 15 secs got fed up at 13 mins

It was a boring load of old tosh. I managed about 15 mins too. Not really sure what the point was.

So I’ve read a few things about this so far. My 10p worth.

1)If it wasn’t called a defender, most I think would say it’s just another SUV, Evoque Discovery sport Esk.
2) yes it’s far too techy.
3) Iam not a fan of the styling
4) JLR are there to make money and unfortunately we are in a throw away society.
5) don’t like the back end, looks like a 5year old PlayStation nerd designed it

Lastly

6)it’s fat, and reminds me of an ex.... sorry if you are eating.
C06A1DA0-96B3-44DA-A994-92DB19BDFD32.jpeg

Quite interesting guy talking about his experience of the defender. Even got the overland show footage with cruisers lol

He made a couple of interesting points (But only Political ones)... He could never convince me to by a Defender. Old or New...Especially New

Changing times , whoever owns lamedrover now don't want it to happen but if he keeps to the principal of where it all began who knows how it will evolve huh

Hmmm. Santana made a decent fist of this for a while, before the money boys got involved. And of course there are the Perentie Landies. Maybe come to something interesting...

Saw a review of this on youtube the other day, nice looking in terms of the rear, but they didn't mention a manual trans option.

I realise that modern safety requirements limit car makers to some point, but really looks nothing like the old Defender which just has that classic LR look much more.

Now I feel dirty for not talking LC!

Back