Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Road Tax Hikes 2019

Michael Montgomery

Garage
Country Flag
uk
Yep welcome to 2019 with even more tax.
Becoming a bore but they seem to wanna tax anything and everything more and more till they can’t anymore. Maybe the yellow shirts will help lol
——————————————————————
CAR TAX RATES WILL INCREASE BY UP TO £65 FROM APRIL 1 THIS YEAR - HERE’S HOW MUCH IT WILL COST YOU

Standard tax rates will see minor increases on April 1, while owners of new cars could be forced to pay up to £65 more for the most emitting vehicles

DRIVERS are set to face another car tax hike this year, with charges due to increase again in April.

Last year’s Autumn Budget revealed VED rates would rise from April 1 to account for inflation.

And while the spike will cost the majority of drivers just £5 per year, some motorists could see as much as £65 added to their annual bill.

Buried in the small print of the Budget, the increase will affect owners of both new and old vehicles.

Those with cars first registered between 1 March, 2001 and 1 March, 2017 will see a maximum £15 added to their standard annual rate, while new vehicles registered after April 1 this year could see their first year rate up to £65 higher than it would have been in 2018.

For drivers of older vehicles, those with emissions below 120g/km won’t see any increase, along with zero-emissions new cars.

Cars first registered between March 1, 2001 and March 1, 2017 are still taxed based on the old system, which sets annual standard rates according to emissions levels.

These charges will be affected by the 2019 inflation adjustment, adding £5-£15 depending on the vehicle’s VED band.

But first year rates for new vehicles will see the biggest increases this year, with petrol, diesel and hybrid cars emitting CO2 readings higher than 225g/km hit hardest.

Vehicles producing 226-255g/km will be charged between £55-£65 more, while those under 190g/km will see £40 added.

Any vehicles first registered before 1 March, 2001 are still taxed under an even earlier system, which applies charges based on engine capacity.

In this scheme, cars with engines under 1,549cc pay £150 a year, with anything over that charged £245 a year.

Vehicles still paying these taxes won’t be affected by the 2019 changes

11A063C7-C32C-4B7C-AFEF-0406A1F51E26.jpeg

Helen just said her 2001 swb 90 is 300 odd quid a year already !

I was talking to someone a year or two ago who had a lamerover freelander, she paid more tax on that thing with a little engine than i do with a 4.2 diesel and 2.5 petrol together!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Woohoo. :dance::dance: No increase. :icon-biggrin:
£15 max on the Smart and £15 max on the Space Star. I can live with that if it gets some potholes fixed.

Aye well everything has improved in the passed 20 years (according to the minority) :whistle:

Just looked it up my 1998 kzj90 £255 her 2001 kdj90 £315 - last year .

And £255 for my 80 .

Moral of the story is f**k the environment and buy a big old diesel :lol:

Last edited:
Beemer is £30 a year now so won't be bad, 80 will be good.
Petrol is about 10p a litre cheaper at the moment too so my running costs aren't bad :dance:

Good to have a positive attitude into the new year :)
Yes, in actual fact I have seen less around here in the last year. We’ve actually been given some huge inverted potholes right outside our house. Lord only knows whose idea it was to add ‘pillow’ speed humps but they’ve actually made speeding worse and serve entirely no purpose other than to slow down the elderly ladies around here that already drove at 20mph or less. Inspired I tell you!! :angry-screaming:

Ooooh now that feels better.

My 2014 is taxed as the pre 2001 tax rates... so no change for me.

Yes, in actual fact I have seen less around here in the last year. We’ve actually been given some huge inverted potholes right outside our house. Lord only knows whose idea it was to add ‘pillow’ speed humps but they’ve actually made speeding worse and serve entirely no purpose other than to slow down the elderly ladies around here that already drove at 20mph or less. Inspired I tell you!! :angry-screaming:

Ooooh now that feels better.

You should try doing them in an ambulance!
There is evidence as well that speed humps increase pollution.

Guys tax rises here in Cyprus by some 20% last year paid £230 for the 80. Seems there is a consensus more so to pienilise older vehicles especially with larger engines. Usually the price goes down with specific age and yet haven't seen that these last 5 years lol.

Guys tax rises here in Cyprus by some 20% last year paid £230 for the 80. Seems there is a consensus more so to pienilise older vehicles especially with larger engines. Usually the price goes down with specific age and yet haven't seen that these last 5 years lol.
Still cheaper than here Dervis so can’t be bad.

You should try doing them in an ambulance!
There is evidence as well that speed humps increase pollution.
Yes but these are the pillow type. You know, a hump in name only.

DAD2163A-DBC5-4C63-85C7-132F5EDAB040.jpeg

It’s now a challenge to the local oiks to see who can go the fastest over them. Pointless waste of money.

Threadjack over.

no they don't slow you down in the slightest, plenty round here

Back