Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Rock Sliders Finally Fitted

Simon_LJ70

Garage
Well, have been at this project for about 3 months now and have finally got these fabricated, painted and bolted in place.

Construction is from steel, bent and welded and bolted to the chassis by James from Sunderland 4 x 4 in Halifax - top man.

Have finished them with matt black powder coating to match the bumpers, thick coating so will stand up to a good bit of wear.

Before

5439554956_9b36d0b49d_b.jpg

After

5439556292_4307ddd071_b.jpg

look good mate.

how did you attach them on the drivers side? as obviously the exhaust runs along the drivers side chassis rail? i want to build some rock sliders next. :thumbup:

Hello Ben, will take some pics of the fixing when it stops raining and post later.

thanks Simon that would be great. :thumbup:

any chance i could see some pics of how there attached each side please? :pray:

i managed to acquire 12meters of 50mm box today which will be ideal for my sliders. spent a while lying under my 70 trying to decide how best to mount them.

when ive made rock-sliders in the past ive always had them so they clap around the chassis. i can do this at the back, just behind where the rear trailing arms mount, but theres no way of doing this at the front as the outriggers for the body mounts are in the way.
the other thing to consider is the exhaust which runs along the drivers side. :think:

Hey Ben, there are a couple more pics on my build thread, I will take a few more as soon as it comes back from west coast for you

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
thanks Simon, id really appreciate that. :thumbup:

Back