Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Hi Ram, Thought you had forgotten about it, good to have you along,
My booking details below, I'm sure it will be OK to wait in the ferry car park, it happens a lot when people turn up early and have to wait for their departure so no one will question it.

We will have to decide on a CB channel to use then you can listen in for our arrival, lets say Channel 18 UK band, OK chaps?

OUTBOUND

Spirit of Britain
outbound.png

Dover to Calais
Sat Aug 15 07:35:00 BST 2015
DEPART: 07:35 ARRIVE: 10:05

warning.png
YOU MUST CHECK-IN AT LEAST 30MINS BEFORE YOUR DEPARTURE

If you wait in the ferry car park in Calais there shouldn't be a problem with immigrants, they will be wanting to get on something UK bound.

Morning chas
cb might be a problem! i don't have one but i'm sure you guys won't miss a grey lc 80 parked up in the car park as for the immigrants i'll gladliy give them a lift going the other way.

I might not have one either i hadn't expected rain bouncing a foot upwards off the ground today :(

Last edited:
Shame about the CB Ram, I used to have a spare hand held I carried for just that reason, in case someone didn't have one, but it was borrowed by a 'fellow' 4x4'er, I can't remember who, but if you see a hand held Midland 42 being used ask them where they got it! it was either at Lincomb or one of my green laning trips and the bastards still got it. :angry-screaming:

For everyone coming down the A3 on the 15th; just be aware that is a Bavarian holiday (Assumption of Mary) marking the start of the fest season and that traffic will be awful. It's also right slap in the middle of caravanning season, so be advised.

I assume that the Landcruiser crowd are on the whole superior drivers, due to the focus we have on our vehicles. Not everyone is actually conscious when they drive, even on the Autobahn, believe it or not.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If the convoy is coming anywhere near St Johann in Tyrol (near Kitzbuhel, where Lynn and I are staying minus transport) I can vouch for the local beer at the brewery and there is a fantastic pool complex with at least 5 pools, sauna (we didn't need this as it's been a sauna outside at 31c since we got here) and massive Jacuzzi. It would be great to meet up with anyone that wants to as I could do with some light relief from the Sound of Music, Lederhosen, oompah bands and thigh slapping!! [emoji6][emoji4] out to a Tyrollean evening tonight that got booked while I was looking somewhere else.

Last edited:
Oh, and Diesel is around 1.07 Euros!!
And there's a freezing cold drinking water tap/ fountain in the square.

Last edited:
Smashing area around there spent a season as a guide in tirol had the time of my life there.
Hope you enjoy it.
Stu

paid 1.07 € last week here in froggy land, - gone up to 1.10 now :(

Thanks Stu. It's a pretty place that's for sure. Just sniffing out things to do. Rumours of going to Zellamsee tomorrow. Apparently they have Segways there. [emoji4][emoji41]

Don't know much what goes on in the summer to.be fair.
Would love to go back soon though.

Not much at the moment as everyone's going about like wet rags. Krimml falls was busy yesterday at 10 degrees cooler, so was the pool complex today at 28c. There's rain about. Each night there's been lightning over the mountains and German TV was showing lots of storms for the coming days and this heat is set to continue at least until the weekend. Or at least that's what they say at the moment.

I am a terrible procrastinator, I always leave things to the last minute but this time I have the truck finished all but two small jobs.
My back is giving me gyp though but I WILL be at Dover Saturday morning if I have to hire a wheelchair for when I'm not in the truck, got a bloody toothache as well.
All that's left is to pack a few clothes and we're good to go, your goodies are in the truck Clive, wouldn't do to forget them.
:oops:

I will be there Chas i might arrive with 3 wheels on my wagon and with nothing in my suitcase but Helen kicking and screaming but i will arrive :icon-wink:

I see from the rest of the convoy that i have nearly 8-9 hrs hanging around to do in the car park, so is it possible to do this? or would it be better to just drive in the town and book into a hotel which i don't really want to do because i really don't want to leave the truck for too long unattended specially with this migrant activity going on.(not because they might want a lift but for other reasons like taking a liking to my stuff in the truck)

The other dilemma is that i don't know the place at all,(passed thru in 2007 on the way to mongolia but was half a sleep and my mate drove as we crossed over on the last ferry as i am doing this time)

Last edited:
You could perhaps drive along the coast to a little Belgian town just on the border called Veurne which has a car park in the square, and is quite agreeable. Or, if you fancy it, Bruges is really nice, easy to get to and is probably 1 1/2 hrs away and could be good for breakfast and there is a central (paid) car park. Both are compact enough to walk round and safe. Veurne is the smaller by about 20:1.

If either appeal, I can give you more info, especially on Bruges.

Come on guys we gotta help Ram out here i certainly wouldn't want to spend the night at Calais port with all whats going on , those are desperate people living on what charity they can get and when people are desperate there are no rules .

I haven't had a proper look at the route but i think it is a given we spend the first night at an official campsite in Frankfurt (the name is somewhere in this thread but i don't have time to look right now) . I assume we will all be following satnav to that camp and you will be using satnav to Ram ?

I suggest you make your way from the port towards that postcode (when we find it) and pull over into a service station or wherever seems convenient and phone us so we know where to stop on the route we were taking anyway .

Back