Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2015

Have a safe and enjoyable trip all. Looking forward to the trip report and hopefully a few advanced photos / progress reports.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Have a fantastic trip, I look forward to updates and photos - enjoy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quick bath and we are on the road :dance: i'm famished but being organized the lady of the house has made sure there is nothing in to eat and i'm not allowed to attack the food shes packed , women you gotta love em ! :lol:

Last edited:
Quick bath and we are on the road :dance: i'm famished but being organized the lady of the house has made sure there is nothing in to eat and i'm not allowed to attack the food shes packed , women you gotta love em ! :lol:

Last bath for 2 weeks!

You'll be eating asphalt for 3 days Shayne, you'll have had a belly full of paved roads by the time you get here.

Just a reminder, it's 10 hours from the Romanian/Hungarian border to our place, so you'll have to pace yourselves.

We've just arrived at the house for the weekend, and it's so dry here I can't believe it, the grass is brown with no growth at all in the last 3 weeks.

It will be a dusty week while you're here, and warm.

Everything packed in the truck, beer, food, clothes, alarm set for 3am I'll probably be massively early at Dover, I can start attacking the beer. :lol: I've just seen Romania has zero alcohol for driving. :thumbdown:

Everything packed in the truck, beer, food, clothes, alarm set for 3am I'll probably be massively early at Dover, I can start attacking the beer. :lol: I've just seen Romania has zero alcohol for driving. :thumbdown:

Yep, take care, they can stop you for no reason and breathalize you any time of the day. If you blow over 00, they'll take your license and lock you up, no kidding either, you'll be in a big mess as a foreigner.

No speeding in the villages either, when you see a village sign, look for the speed limit on the sign, it's usually 70 kph, but some are lower at 50 kph and I've seen 30 kph before now, but not on your route.

Phone me if you have any problems you can't solve with the police. Try to have some money on you, it's always worth it if they ask you to pay a fine, it'll go in their pocket, but you don't know the rules, do you? Stop at a cashpoint when you get into Romania, 100 lei is about 18 quids worth.

up and about with be leaving soon

just cant wait to get going

I'd love to be going with, or even to meet you all at Parsberg, but unfortunately, I am working until 5 pm.

Good travels!

What no pictures yet?

:eusa-snooty:

Agreed!

Was looking forward to waking up with pictures of the ferry overloaded with a couple of cruisers.

Chris.... Take not for your trip!

Yeah, where's the update
I managed updates in Atlantic Ocean ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I'm waiting for the first arrival, not much I can do from this end.

It rained today, for the first time since the end of June!

Only for half an hour, but enough to get a bit of moisture back into the ground. The grass is brown and the soil like concrete.

Well I'm waiting for the first arrival, not much I can do from this end.

It rained today, for the first time since the end of June!

Only for half an hour, but enough to get a bit of moisture back into the ground. The grass is brown and the soil like concrete.

You can have some of our rain if you want Clive :whistle:

You can have some of our rain if you want Clive :whistle:

Gladly mate, it really depresses me to see everywhere parched.

I quite like pottering in the garden, even though I can't pretend to be a gardener, but I do like the satisfaction of planting trees and flowering bushes. The garden was an orchard for centuries, but the fruit is specific for tuica (home made brandy) which means it's all sour.

Sour plums, sour cherry, even the apples are not the sweetest, unless they stay on the trees till October, then they're good eaters.

Just now, there's cracks in the ground wide enough to get my hand down and they're deep. The subsoil is clay, so it will take eons to re-hydrate.

It is enthusiastically raining along the route in Germany. Don't know if they are past yet, but hope they are careful.

Back