Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

clivehorridge

Supporter
Guru
Garage
Country Flag
romania
Following on from ratrace's thread "Romania 2016", can anyone interested in a hike across Europe to Romania and on to visit my neighborhood and us in Comarnic, confirm their interest here in this thread please.

The plan instigated by Mike (ratrace) is for the first/second week in September, there's parking at my place for about 5 cruisers and some accommodation spare which Chas has already bagged one of the rooms.

Last year a posse of 4 trucks stayed about a week and we managed to keep most of them busy and out of mischief.

It would be good for us to know how many intend to come and whether they need a room, if all goes well there will be about 6 rooms ready, if I can get some floor boards laid between now and then. If it doesn't go so well, there will be 2 rooms and a a settee and plenty of floor space, or something in between.

Pets are welcome, the only house rule is that there are no (unreasonable) rules.

Helen and i will be there Clive and we might not bother to bring the trailer if all the rooms aren't booked by the departure date .

Helen and i will be there Clive and we might not bother to bring the trailer if all the rooms aren't booked by the departure date .

Wow Shayne, that means a B&B journey both ways I'd imagine, unless you tent-it or sleep in the truck.

Still, we have a definite "army of one" on the list, so far! :thumbup:

Aye well we learned a lot last time Clive such as UK motorways are absolutely abysmal compared to those across the pond . Plus , food , campsites , or bathroom facilities are for the most part never more than half hour away .

We made it home last time with no navigation to speak of which didn't involve much drama .

The error i have absolutely no intention of repeating this time is to trust UK motorways to get me to Dover on time for the ferry , so the holiday will likely start in Premier inn Dover .

After that its a 2 day drive and if we are working to our own clock all we need to do is choose a campsite while having our evening meal at a roadside cafe which should see us arrive ready for bed .

So yeah overland with a flask and kip in the truck ......... why not its not as if we are going into the wilds .

Following on from ratrace's thread "Romania 2016", can anyone interested in a hike across Europe to Romania and on to visit my neighborhood and us in Comarnic, confirm their interest here in this thread please.

The plan instigated by Mike (ratrace) is for the first/second week in September, there's parking at my place for about 5 cruisers and some accommodation spare which Chas has already bagged one of the rooms.

Last year a posse of 4 trucks stayed about a week and we managed to keep most of them busy and out of mischief.

It would be good for us to know how many intend to come and whether they need a room, if all goes well there will be about 6 rooms ready, if I can get some floor boards laid between now and then. If it doesn't go so well, there will be 2 rooms and a a settee and plenty of floor space, or something in between.

Pets are welcome, the only house rule is that there are no (unreasonable) rules.
You know I will be there Clive, could you ensure there will be floorboards in my room please. :laughing-rolling:

Do my best Chas, it's all that's left to do besides buying and installing the bathroom furniture.

mmm,

must remember we need some beds too :think:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
You know I will be there Clive, could you ensure there will be floorboards in my room please. :laughing-rolling:

Just to confirm, room no.1 now has wall to wall wood on the floor :clap:

It needs sanding and about 5 coats of varnish, but it's a good sign for the near future Chas :thumbup:

Just to confirm, room no.1 now has wall to wall wood on the floor :clap:

It needs sanding and about 5 coats of varnish, but it's a good sign for the near future Chas :thumbup:
Very pleased to hear that Clive, I haven't had a reply from Mike yet, I hope he's OK.

Me too Chas, my pm to him must be 2 weeks old now with no response.

Anybody heard from ratrace recently?

My ADAC breakdown cover renewal arrived today , or at least that's what i think it is as everything they send me is written in German :( looks like 109 euro .

Just sent Wayne a shout to see if he has heard from Mike .

I have been meaning to phone him but didn't seem much point until i have a basic plan myself i just noticed he signed in to the forum and i thought there are so many Romania threads now only a regular would know which is which .

No word of Mike , Wayne knew nothing and i would assume they are in regular contact so hopefully he's ok maybe he is just busy as we usually are after a fortnights holiday .

Clive, any more room? ..... The wife and I will be returning from Turkey at almost that exact time.

Clive, any more room? ..... The wife and I will be returning from Turkey at almost that exact time.

Certainly Mark, it would be great if you can pop in.

So far it's only Chas and Shayne with Helen, so a few more will stop us sitting staring at each other wondering what to say....

:laughing-rolling:

I need to confirm dates, BTW.

Mike (Ratrace) started this off suggesting the beginning of September, is that still OK with everyone? I'm at the beach mid-August, but I can be a bit flexible, but I need to book the time soon, at work.

Replies please, and it's really good news you showing an interest Mark :thumbup::thumbup:

BTW, how many will there be in your truck, or rather how many rooms do you need?

Beginning of September is fine for me but I can come at any time to fit in with others plans cos I'M RETIRED NOW :dance: sorry, I shouldn't gloat. hehe

Beginning of September is fine for me but I can come at any time to fit in with others plans cos I'M RETIRED NOW :dance: sorry, I shouldn't gloat. hehe

Don't apologize Chas, I'll get my revenge :icon-twisted:

I'll wait for Shayne & Mark to confirm before I book, isn't it good to have Mark on board (hopefully)?

I'm really quite easy with dates Clive as you know we will be returning from the Canaries a vague week before we depart for Romania and it all depends on what mess i find business wise during that week .

Having done it once i feel the journey requires about as much planning as a trip to Scotland and because i missed the ferry last time only to get the next half hour later i am wondering if its necessary to book in advance at all .

I decided i am bringing the trailer because Helen enjoys her sleep more than me and with the trailer i can relax with a cuppa and put my feet up for a couple of hours mornings and evenings .

Back