Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016 - Comarnic visit in September

It's still close to 30C though, so you're in with a shout.
My aircon mans temperature sensor registered 33.5 outside my garage this afternoon so I'm getting acclimatised.

It's still close to 30C though, so you're in with a shout.
My aircon mans temperature sensor registered 33.5 outside my garage this afternoon so I'm getting acclimatised.

That's warm for the UK Chas, its a very nice 26C today and the rain has stopped.

OK, one week to go, which means I'm out of time on the new rooms.

As I thought there's good and bad news. The rooms are done and ready for sleeping in [Hooray!] but...
The en-suite bathrooms aren't [Boo!].

That's it, my plumber says he can't buy and install the water-heating system in one week, so the bathrooms won't be ready.

Still the rooms are, and they have beds. :lol:

Room 1
DSCN0068.JPG

Room 2

DSCN0073.JPG

Room 3

DSCN0075.JPG

And Room 4...

DSCN0076.JPG

DSCN0077.JPG

That's it folks, oh and a hallway that's not knee deep in saws, wood sawdust and goodness knows what!

DSCN0078.JPG

It's taken 5 years to get this far, bloody hell :lol:

This week is reserved for the electrician to fit some switches and power-points.

If the varnish is too smelly there's always the 2 spare rooms in the "old" house.

Either way, we're all sharing the same bathroom, sorry :cry: unless you bring your own :icon-biggrin:.

Reactions: Sag
Without deadlines we wouldn't get anywhere mate and you have every right to feel pleased with yourself they look great :thumbup:

This trip is all about postponement for me , it's kinda weird not having anything to do to prepare for it . The trailer is staying home so i've just ordered a jetboil and bought a flask and ...... well that's it .

What else can i do it's no different from me driving to Scotland and back on a weekend eating in service stations along the way and showering at campsites .

The to-do list when i get back home however :scared-eek:

Looks bloody good Clive. I wish I was on this trip. I would love to venture that way at some point in life. Maybe next time............

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Looks bloody good Clive. I wish I was on this trip. I would love to venture that way at some point in life. Maybe next time............

Sure Ian, we'd love to have you pass by! I think Shane missed something there when he said it's just like driving to Scotland (maybe the word twice should have been in there :whistle:)

Anyway, thanks for the comments, we're pleased with them and it's been worth the wait.

Just a bit pissed that the water ststem's not in.

:text-+1:

I did try this year but Lynn wouldn't let me add it on to the Hungary trip. :icon-cry:

Sure Ian, we'd love to have you pass by! I think Shane missed something there when he said it's just like driving to Scotland (maybe the word twice should have been in there :whistle:)

Anyway, thanks for the comments, we're pleased with them and it's been worth the wait.

Just a bit pissed that the water ststem's not in.
It's all looking great Clive, don't worry about the bathrooms, I'm sure you will forgive a couple of smelly peeps, you'll be glad to see us go then you can fumigate the place.

Wow Clive that looks amazing buddy,looks like a palace,not letting my wife see them photos or I will be at it more than 5 years and with ear ache just to get our house decorated let alone built like that,well done buddy you should be proud of that :text-bravo:

Wow Clive that looks amazing buddy,looks like a palace,not letting my wife see them photos or I will be at it more than 5 years and with ear ache just to get our house decorated let alone built like that,well done buddy you should be proud of that :text-bravo:

Well I am TBH Sag, it's not my work I might add, we have a carpenter/builder (our neighbour Nicu) doing all the doin's :lol:.

I come up with the suggestions, and he cries himself to sleep a lot.

Still, we got there (almost) and I'm not at all disappointed with his work, he's a perfectionist!

Reactions: Sag
Ok guys, I guess time has just about run out before take-off. I see Shayne will be on the road tomorrow (heater hoses permitting), when will you be setting off Chas?

We've changed our plan, so we'll be at the house from Friday night, 10ish if anyone wants to arrive a bit earlier.

I still have no idea where we'll go when you get here, but it'll be fun sorting something out. Aura's been studying the map and taking notes with our friend Marius, so that might come to something.

The Transfagarasan has been closed on a few odd days but we've just found out it's open again. I know you both came on that trip, so you may not want a repeat, but if you do it's open.

We can do the ridge run again to Azuga, Chas missed out on that one last time with his tummy upset.

By some kind of miracle, I've cleared my desk with just a few odds and sods to do tomorrow and Friday.

8th Birthday party for Ana tomorrow, she's having an X-Box, so it will be Minecraft and other stupid games non-stop at our place :icon-rolleyes:

Any special requests while I've got time to go shopping?

See you on Sunday I suppose, with a bit of luck!

We are traveling together mate so we will get there when we do , there is no plan we are just gonna roll and see where we are when we get there Easy Rider style . Wish Ana a happy birthday from us both :occasion-balloons:

I'll be leaving home about 1:oopm for a steady plod to Dover to meet up with Shayne in the ferry car park. the Transfagarasan again would be OK by me that is a fantastic road and the ridge that I missed too.
Special requests? yes hide the X-Box, only joking,
Show this to Ana,

♪♫♪♥♪♫ Happy Birthday Ana ♪♫♪♥♪♫

3 Birthday cat.jpg

I'll be leaving home about 1:oopm for a steady plod to Dover to meet up with Shayne in the ferry car park. the Transfagarasan again would be OK by me that is a fantastic road and the ridge that I missed too.
Special requests? yes hide the X-Box, only joking,
PS
Have you got a use for a small inverter?
Show this to Ana,

♪♫♪♥♪♫ Happy Birthday Ana ♪♫♪♥♪♫

3 Birthday cat.jpg

Happy birthday Ana! Wishing I was on this trip. One day!

Happy birthday Ana hope you have a lovely day :occasion-cake::occasion-balloons:

Hey, thanks guys, that's really kind of you!

I got home at 6 last evening, late because of traffic and we were supposed to be going out for a meal for Ana's birthday.

As I stepped through the door, Aura met me... I've pugged up the X-Box, and it doesn't work.

Bloody hell, ok I'll check.

I hate electronics, whatever I touch never works. So I went though the instructions for plugging it up, yep, everything in order, the right plugs in the right holes, all OK.

It's running through the SCART for the moment so I went to "source" on the TV remote, set it SCART, still nothing.

Time ticking away... Ana upset 'cos it's not working. She was even giving quite constructive advice, which for an 8 yr old I thought was quite constructive.

Anyway, I resorted to the equivalent of tyre kicking, that is pushing all the plugs again, knowing that it wouldn't do any good.

Bugger me, the one connecting the sensor to the unit wasn't properly "home" by about 1mm.

BINGO, it was working!

Big smile on Ana's face, of I went for a shower, and then it was "switch the damn thing off" to go out!

Wavy line where Ana's smile had been, but she got over it.

Thanks for the good wishes guys, see you Sunday or whenever. Take care please.

Last edited:
We arrived at Clives yesterday after a safe and pleasant journey hampered only by roadworks of which there are a lot and wild goose chases to campsites that no longer exist .
Found a great campsite somewhere in Germany where the bar stayed open just for us 3 serving good beer and suffice to say Helen and Chas managed a 6 jagamiester nightcap each before we crawled into our beds and that really broke the journey up .
After that some poor choices of where to spend the night when campsites proved illusive resulted in rueful chuckles and the final campsites hole in the ground toilet and stage like open shower overlooking the whole campsite who of course could look back had us laughing so much we forgot to take photos .

Good to hear you guys made it across ok, shame about the missing campsites. Hope the rest of the trip is great

Back