Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2016

ratrace

Country Flag
uk
Sorry but going again next year if I can do the same area again

Will update when I can work out a plan

If it could avoid the school hols I'm interested, am sure James will co-pilot/navigate/smoke.

any idea of the mileage you did this year, and ferry costs?

Pete

i did essex to essex 3200 miles and i spent £1000 but could cut that very easy(leave the sheep back in Romania) fuel was under a £1 litre, please remember we were very well look after by Clive and his wife

Ferry price going with a trailer was about £140 going but because we had a open ticket on the way back it was £250

Working on a trip now

I might drive down again or fly to Bulgaria and pick a vehicle and a guide up from there but will cost, so i don't think anyone will want to that

we will see

Well guys, we are more than happy to oblige again next year, we had a very good time this visit.

The only criterion we have is that Ana shouldn't miss any school, so it will have to be within the school holiday period, but this may not be a problem as Romanian schools have longer summer holidays (we have a longer summer, so it makes sense:lol:). Aura will check, but I think it's 20 June through to 14 September, or thereabouts, so we should be able to fit it in with some planning.

Let us know what you want, and we'll try to oblige.

Last edited:
Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Wayne wants a month next year and his own swb90 to do it in

Wayne could not afford a 90 unless it was made by corgi

At this time Wayne has another trip planned for next year

wobbly
user-offline.png
On his own !!

His is not sure yet

If i can work it, will do Romania with a friend from Bulgaria

Oh will be doing North Spain in 2017 above Portugal as my mate has give me the route, just got to put it into gpx format so i can use it

Interested if it can tie up with routes in north Portugal, maybe Chaves area.

we can look at Portugal next year as it still only in head for 2017

I'm a tentative "yes" with one caveat. My wife is an anti-camper, which means we'll be engaging non-camping accomodations en route, should we be able to go.

I might drive down again or fly to Bulgaria and pick a vehicle and a guide up from there but will cost, so i don't think anyone will want to that

we will see
I'll be your guide with the vehicle ;) The guide and the vehicle are FREE, the only cost is we'll share fuel. Hows that?
Cheers!

I'll be your guide with the vehicle ;) The guide and the vehicle are FREE, the only cost is we'll share fuel. Hows that?
Cheers!
i might be up for that if we could come to an agreement

Depending on dates, I might be in as well. Have a romanian friend who lives in London, he will likely come along too (in my LC)

i might be up for that if we could come to an agreement
We have plenty of time to get to an agreement:) I assume you want to go sometime in the summer July or August?
I'm booked from May 6th to June 7th - will be cruising in the land of persian kings in Iran. Then from June 21st to July 4th will be in Corfu, Greece.

Last edited:
120mm
user-offline.png
I'm a tentative "yes" with one caveat. My wife is an anti-camper, which means we'll be engaging non-camping accomodations en route, should we be able to go.

On the way down there are loads of hotels just off the motorway so thats not a problem

If you ask nicely Clive might let you rough it in one of those nice bedrooms or there are hotels on the main road in the town

On the way down there are loads of hotels just off the motorway so thats not a problem

If you ask nicely Clive might let you rough it in one of those nice bedrooms or there are hotels on the main road in the town

As I've said before, our house is open to trusted forum members, whether we are there or not. Just some notice required.
We have 3 rooms available if we're there, 4 if we're not. I'm making no promises on the additional 4 rooms (currently work in progress) being finished on time.

Sounds good. Ellen is excited at the possibility.

the worse part of the trip is getting there and back. So try and do the distance you are comfortable with.U might want to take 3 weeks and have a weekend on the way down and a weekend on the way. Please remember like the last trip how long you take to get there and what u do when you get there is up to you. But try and enjoy the trip

Back