Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2017 - Comarnic Visit

Had a good trip to the tunnel, got there in plenty of time-to be told there is a 90 minute delay and we can't go on an earlier one! :icon-cry:

Queues in the terminal for coffees were horrendous. :icon-idea: So, broke out the Jetboil!

IMG_2068.JPG

Got to wait till just after 5-00 by the looks of it. Save us a spot at the campsite Shayne. :)

I fear for the welfare of the Galaxy to be honest. I look at it like electricity. You put 100 volts into a long cable so you can get 20 volts at the other end.

Packed, loaded and already at our first stop…breakfast and bacon collection. :)
At this rate we will be getting the ferry tomorrow 120 miles and rarely out of second gear, traffic is gridlocked because of thundery showers and still got 153 miles to go

At this rate we will be getting the ferry tomorrow 120 miles and rarely out of second gear, traffic is gridlocked because of thundery showers and still got 153 miles to go
Oh bum!
Did yours come with the factory hover option?
We'll save you a spot then!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Err, I did wonder if it might be you Helen. If you're still stuck it'll probably have dropped by the time you get to the boat. :whistle:

If not, find somewhere amidships to lie down and you should be fine. Lynn is usually unwell if it's tough and lying down has 100% stopped that for her. Even on a transport ferry across the Irish Sea!

Looks like they've sorted the problem in the tunnel and we have just been called. :).

Err, I did wonder if it might be you Helen. If you're still stuck it'll probably have dropped by the time you get to the boat. :whistle:

If not, find somewhere amidships to lie down and you should be fine. Lynn is usually unwell if it's tough and lying down has 100% stopped that for her. Even on a transport ferry across the Irish Sea!

Looks like they've sorted the problem in the tunnel and we have just been called. :).
We were told an hour ago the ferry is delayed

I'm not surprised, it's pretty windy here and doesn't look on the weather like it's going to let up (or get any worse) for some time. Tail end of Hurricane Gert so they're saying. Sorry Helen, it's all my fault. :icon-cry: Don't hate me, please! :pray: Shayne wanted to stay in Dover but I convinced him it wasn't the nicest place to stay and to get across tonight for a fresh start tomorrow. Hadn't bargained on the tail end of a hurricane though!

All packed. I seem to Have put half of Sainsbury's in the fridge. Nevermind :)

At Klein Strand. Just got to find reception and get ourselves in as the barrier closed at 1900!

Ok, as it's after the main opening hours the reception is in Happy Days just 100m before you get to Klein Strand itself.

On your way in you take the first exit from the roundabout which looks like an industrial estate. Follow the low brown signs for Klein Strand and it goes round by some trees then turns right then left and opens out with 'Happy Days' on the left.

Cheers Rich they said after hours wont be a prob which is just as well because we are still about half hour from french dock .

We're camped near Calais for ferry tomorrow
Managed to stay just behind bad weather but now we've run out of land
Didn't know about Gert. Explains a lot.

Got in, set up and now in the Chinese on the campsite which I'm told is very good. :)

Right, I'm up, had breakfast just drinking a coffee, checking emails, thanks for all the good wishes chaps a quick bath and I'll be on my way.

Back