Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2018 - Comarnic Visit

Me and my better half are very interested in a romania trip Clive, just need to make sure we can get them off work. Are you meaning week commencing August 27th when you are planning it?

Me and my better half are very interested in a romania trip Clive, just need to make sure we can get them off work. Are you meaning week commencing August 27th when you are planning it?

I’m going to say yes, but it’s not carved in stone, if it would suit potential visitors better to be the week before.

All we’re trying to avoid is it being later, and tangling with daughter Ana’s return to school in early September....

It’s great to know you’re interested Josh, it doesn’t look as though there will be many coming, but it’s early days for folks to plan so far ahead this early.

I’ve just had a recap of this thread and @Chas is the only firm booking (health permitting), @Shayne & Helen sound like a doubtful-maybe, @Animal Mother has shown an interest, so it could be 2 or 3 trucks coming.

Even better if a few more come, always the-more-the-merrier :lol:

It's not a problem for us when it is we'll just need to know so can book it off before everyone else does. Are you waiting for more people to see what suits them? We wont need to book it off in the next few days but sooner than later so it can be guaranteed-we don't want to miss out that's all! It looks a great trip from reading last year's thread

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
It's not a problem for us when it is we'll just need to know so can book it off before everyone else does. Are you waiting for more people to see what suits them? We wont need to book it off in the next few days but sooner than later so it can be guaranteed-we don't want to miss out that's all! It looks a great trip from reading last year's thread

I suggest you go ahead and book it Josh, then others can make firm plans either way. I haven’t booked it yet, but we may as well set the date now, and be done with it.

@Chas is flexible with dates, so there’s no need for his confirmation...

If that's alright with you it's fine with me. Week commencing the 20th then to be at yours? Very much looking forward to this

We’ll see you when you arrive Josh, don’t tie yourself to an arrival date because you may want to stop off somewhere on the way...

If you want more details of a route or specifics in our area, just ask, and we can exchange phone numbers / email addresses (whatever) by a pm...

Welcome aboard!

I’m getting excited already :dance:

I like the laid back approach Clive, not something you normally get on a holiday! But just so we can get our days put in we'll work on being at yours for the 20th, as you say it may be a day later if we get distracted by a nice place along the way but that's nothing to worry about. Sounds like a bloody good trip to me. I love a good bit of route planning so I'll get busy with that soon as

Ok, our view is it’s your holiday, it’s sort of us that tag along with you visitors, if you catch my drift.

We don’t want to interfere, we just provide a base camp for day trips, somewhere to sleep and eat and return to each evening, and some ideas where to visit.

Are 12 months a year trips available?? Sounds excellent to us Clive, we'll ask for the days off this week and let you know what happens. We're only trying to confirm dates as my other half works in a hospital and trying to get days off is like getting blood from a stone, I hope it's not affecting what you Had in mind leaving dates open till later on

Can’t fault that Chas, it’s a long way whichever way you look at it. If it ran east west it would be ok...
I've been looking at alternative routes, I might try the following for a change, but open to change, Belgium, France Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania.
Keeps me out of Germany and Austria.

upload_2018-1-14_19-41-58.png

Are 12 months a year trips available?? Sounds excellent to us Clive, we'll ask for the days off this week and let you know what happens. We're only trying to confirm dates as my other half works in a hospital and trying to get days off is like getting blood from a stone, I hope it's not affecting what you Had in mind leaving dates open till later on

Not at all Josh, as I said in the first post, it’s first-come-first-served, and always has been. The sooner dates are fixed, in some ways makes it easier for others (if any) to plan.

Anyway, you can count on a room to yourselves as you’ve got in early!

We’re very much looking forward to meeting you both.

Oh, and as for 12-month trips (I know you’re joking) but the answer’s even yes, as long as you don’t mind us descending on you most weekends!

Cheers!

That’s great Clive we’re both looking forward too it looks a lovely place. Will keep you updated what we get planned then :) cheers

I've been looking at alternative routes, I might try the following for a change, but open to change, Belgium, France Switzerland, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Hungary, Romania.
Keeps me out of Germany and Austria.

View attachment 139153
Why avoid Germany and Austria Chas? Once they've put the (presumably removable) sticker on your licence you're back to being clear of any ban! :think:
A different route to ring the changes I can understand if it brings different scenery.

Why avoid Germany and Austria Chas? Once they've put the (presumably removable) sticker on your licence you're back to being clear of any ban! :think:
A different route to ring the changes I can understand if it brings different scenery.
Sticker may not mean 'sticker' it could be something permanent, and new route (8 different countries) new scenery, bring it on. :dance:

As I read it Chas, the ban was only a month unless you don't send them your licence then it's permanent until you do.

New scenery is a nice idea though.

As I read it Chas, the ban was only a month unless you don't send them your licence then it's permanent until you do.

New scenery is a nice idea though.
Yes Rich you did understand it correctly, but the only way I will be visiting Germany again will be in a Lancaster bomber. :icon-evil:

Back