Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Romania 2018 - Comarnic Visit

Copy and paste this in Google maps
( if you don't mind Clive?)

Don’t mind at all Nick, did just that and bingo...

4A3C45C6-3132-466A-83BC-1D4904BBC6A2.png

The blue spot is where I’m sitting in the living room and the red balloon at the back of the house is your coordinates. Can’t get much closer than that, can you?

I’m just making a cuppa, want one?

Well my sat nav got me to the main road , in a roundabout way, and i had to find your house on google maps, in a roundabout way. It wasnt until I gave Helen a lift down to the shops and I said I can never remember how to get back to your house and she said " Baa, keep to the right all the way until you get to Clives road, Baaa" and it seemed so obvious after that.

Well my sat nav got me to the main road , in a roundabout way, and i had to find your house on google maps, in a roundabout way. It wasnt until I gave Helen a lift down to the shops and I said I can never remember how to get back to your house and she said " Baa, keep to the right all the way until you get to Clives road, Baaa" and it seemed so obvious after that.

Baaaa, youre asking for another slap young Nick, Baaa. :laughing-rolling:

Pretty crude mapping, but these will give you an idea,

Arad to Sibiu (Autostrada A1)

View attachment 145813

And then Sibiu to Comarnic DN1 (E68) to Codlea, then the DN73 to Rasnov, DN73A towards Predeal, then right on the DN1 to Comarnic

View attachment 145814
Yeah that looks the main route way Clive I'd looked at. The night prior to yours we were planning on stopping at oradea, the night before that in Budapest. We'll be able to pick that route up

As you get further East, Josh, youll have the choice of going around Brasov’s new ring road, but it’s NE of the city and quite a long trek out of your way.

If you can pick up the Rasnov route (shown on my map) it will save you several wasted kms, and it’s a much nicer, well more scenic road.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
If i recall correctly the co-ordinates to the house itself only served to confuse you Nick , or do professional delivery drivers go all around the houses on purpose :eusa-shhh: , On your first visit its probably better to have your satnav seeking the Mega Image supermarket and when it says arriving at destination 100 yards on your right instead turn left and your in Clive's lane .

If i recall correctly the co-ordinates to the house itself only served to confuse you Nick , or do professional delivery drivers go all around the houses on purpose :eusa-shhh: , On your first visit its probably better to have your satnav seeking the Mega Image supermarket and when it says arriving at destination 100 yards on your right instead turn left and your in Clive's lane .
That would be "roundabout way"

That could be why I went the wrong way. Na, my sat nav wasn't that detailed so it got me near or past his road then I had to go by Google maps so ended up going as the crow flys from where I pulled over which wasn't the direct way.

28.52 is where you should turn left.... And I didnt

Woo, Chas’ bend, 29:47... :lol:

You did well to find us coming in that way Nick :thumbup:

That’s a tight RH turn off the main road... :whistle:

Woo, Chas’ bend, 29:47...
Do you mean where I went into the ditch? I think that was much earlier than that Clive, it was only a few bends away from the main road as I recall.

Do you mean where I went into the ditch? I think that was much earlier than that Clive, it was only a few bends away from the main road as I recall.

Noooo, I even saw your green paint on the tree stump that did most of the damage :lol:

You’d have got away with almost nothing, if it wasnt for that tree stump, Chas.

Noooo, I even saw your green paint on the tree stump that did most of the damage :lol:

You’d have got away with almost nothing, if it wasnt for that tree stump, Chas.
Aha! forensic evidence.

Crikey is it that time already!

Safe journey Chas…

Back