Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof bars / Roof rack mounting points on 100 (2003)

TonyB

Country Flag
england
Has anyone else found that the roof bar mounts in the roof gutter on a 100 (2003) have a shorter gap between the two bolt holes on the front when compared to middle and back mounts? Currently fitting Rhino bars, and the front foot that bolts to the roof does not fit (unless I only bolt through one hole). Rhino in Oz say that some European Cruisers are like that, whereas in Oz the gaps between bolts (front, middle and rear) are the same. They also say there should (may) be a second pair of front holes !!! If so, they must be hidden under all the trim. Anyone else had this problem ? Cheers, Tony

Front-roof-mount.jpg

My Hannibal rack fitted fine on my 2004 100 - holes lined up fine - took all the trim off though. There are some pics on my hedgehog build thread that may help (but not many)

Thanks Steve. After putting up the post I decided to simply takeoff the roof bar trim and found the extra bolt holes I was looking for … which thankfully aligned. Also found another individual bolt hole further back that may prove useful one day.

Has anyone else found that the roof bar mounts in the roof gutter on a 100 (2003) have a shorter gap between the two bolt holes on the front when compared to middle and back mounts? Currently fitting Rhino bars, and the front foot that bolts to the roof does not fit (unless I only bolt through one hole). Rhino in Oz say that some European Cruisers are like that, whereas in Oz the gaps between bolts (front, middle and rear) are the same. They also say there should (may) be a second pair of front holes !!! If so, they must be hidden under all the trim. Anyone else had this problem ? Cheers, Tony

View attachment 21831
You're not alone Tony. Jon and me spent last Wednesday trying to retrofit a ARB trade roof rack onto my LC100 and it wasn't nice.

What hole centeres do the European 100's have?

In Aus my front ones are 80mm apart, middle row are 80mm then 70mm to the 3rd bolt and rear set are 80mm.
Ive made my own custom racks instead of buying because I'm a tight a..

Back