Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof rack - Roof box & free LED lights.

hopeless wanderer

Country Flag
england
Hi All.

Looking at putting "Brenda" into a container soon, so I have to trim a little height off.
Hence selling my roof rack and box, The rack is in good nick and the roof box likewise.
The dimensions of the box are approx. 6ocmX110cmX30cm, It hinges from the front to allow access from inside a roof tent. It has 2 gas rams and 2 locking paddle latches. It was made by Metallics Uk in York
The only changes to the rack are 4 holes drilled in the flat panel at the front for mounting the box and awning,
Some of the nuts and washers have surface corrosion but the mounting bolts were replaced with stainless anti tamper security fasteners so they're fine. The rack was from Direct 4x4
The LED lights have never been wired and are in as new condition.
This will be available after the 22nd November and I can deliver to an address between Darlington and Edinburgh at the end of Nov as I have a trip planned. I'll be there to help lift it off and place it.
Could potentially deliver as far south as Manchester as I may be going that way.
Original combined cost including lights was 950 Pounds.

rack 2.jpg rack 3.jpg rack 4.jpg rack 5.jpg Rack 1.jpg

Last edited:
Morning. Potentially interested in the box if you’re happy to split. Will need to check measurements.

J

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Love that roof-box, but distance is agin’ me :cry:

Some plans of it would be useful to get one made up here.

Good luck with sale HW and the trip...

That's who made my box. They're really well made and don't leak at all. Very handy for chucking stuff like chairs in.

Roof box has gone, Lights and roof rack remain.

I've just checked on the new price for these on Ebay and they're around the 400 pound mark for the rack.
I'll take any fair offer and can drop them as far south as Manchester or as far north as Edinburgh.

Would that not fit inside once the truck is in the container H?

The shipping company doesn't allow anything but an empty vehicle, mounting everything I can at the moment ARB compressor etc. I've also got the tax issues at the NZ end for any other items.
I have got the CAD guy at work designing a roof rack for me (It's gonna be fantastic even if I do say so myself)
So as soon as I have the DXF files ill get it made in New Zealand and put it on over there.
I'm hoping i'll have it on here as a group buy similar to the pop out windows. I'm just brainstorming the accessories to attach bikes/Kayaks etc etc.

I have got the CAD guy at work designing a roof rack for me (It's gonna be fantastic even if I do say so myself.
So as soon as I have the DXF files ill get it made in New Zealand and put it on over there.
I'm hoping i'll have it on here as a group buy similar to the pop out windows.

:angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming::angry-screaming:
18 months ago I’d have jumped at this!

Don't worry you'll get mates rates, because you'll certainly want one..
Thanks, that’s great but I’ve spent oodles on designing and fitting my own and I haven’t got the funds or space for a second cruiser.

I am however seriously looking forward to seeing what yours looks like. :)

Thanks, that’s great but I’ve spent oodles on designing and fitting my own and I haven’t got the funds or space for a second cruiser.

I am however seriously looking forward to seeing what yours looks like. :)

Link me to your build if you can, always good to gain knowledge and ideas.

Back