Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roof rack versus roofrails.

How high are the roof rails that rack looks about 3 inches above the roof to me ?

Good thinking, measure the height of roof rails......

Will email seller also.

I like the roofrails, but dont want a rack that fixes on top, always look a bit heath-robinson to me.

Pete

It's a smart looking rack and if it will fit over roof rails it would make taking it on or off as and when is needed a piece of cake coz you won't have to worry about scratching paint .

I'm watching this as well :whistle: I definitely don't think it will fit over your rails, so you should leave it for me :dance:

Richie

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Thanks for the link Gav, thats the exact one.

So a new one is £180.00

The lamp would be handy, not fussed about the tanks cos you cant carry them in Portugal so of no £££ value to me.

Do you have a photo of your Thule.

Richie - I only saw the ad. yesterday otherwise would have posted a heads-up earlier. I'm not set on it, if it goes above my mental reserve I'll walk on by.

Cheers

Pete

Not worth that IMHO. I paid a fraction of that. Richie pm'd me expressing an interest so I can let you know how that goes Pete ;-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Well, didnt get it.

Went for £142.00, versus £180 new.

Not a bad price though, as the lamp would be useful also.

Not losing sleep over it though, money can go towards tent instead.

Pete

Went well over what I was willing to pay.

What tent are you looking to get?

Richie

Am aiming for an oztent RV5, but they are £750+ new.

I'm going to try and get to some 4x4 shows to look at options, but so far that looks good.

I have a Khyam 100 which is perfect for 1 or 2 nights, but for 11 nights in one place I want more comfort.

Cheers

Pete

Can I be honest Pete, for what I have seen, the Oztents are fabulous bits of kit but for putting in one place for a period of time, your wasting your money... To me the essence of the Oztent is the speed of up/down ability which you dont seem to require; you just need sommat bigger...

Great if you find an ebay bargain but otherwise just get a Kyham '7000' or the likes...

I keep an eye on ebay for oztents & many of them have failures like other tents (stitching, poles etc) which make me wonder about their durability but thats just an observation... Horses for courses...

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

You can't get a wood burning stove in one of them though can you?, well you can in my Tent tipi ;-) Mines a 7person but to be honest I wish that I had gone bigger for the 9 person. There are some new designs now with porches on that make then a lot more usable.

Pretty quick to put up as well when you know how.

That's the attraction of the oztent, the whole fold out of the bag thing.

I'm gonna go to some of the offroad shows, see what the other options are, make sure I've not become fixated on oztents!

Pete

Back