Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Roofracks

I wouldn't be that fussy about the weight either in relation to manufacturers spec, but that's just very heavy before you start putting a tent or anything else up there.

Ezi awn is a big brand in SA they madly to RTT but some other produsts as well. I have nott seen there roofracks though.

I have a patriot rack i could be tempted to sell for alot less then grand. may be some interest to you? pm me if you like to talk money.
Stu.

Just a thought... what about the van/minibus roof racks that the Outdoor-Ed centres use? Most of the time they're either powder coated steel or gal steel, so not as light, but they are steel and therefore repairable just about anywhere in the world. Also they seem to start at about £300 for a tray and side rails set up.

Ed

Shock horror - with me stood on it (20st +), the Cruiser didnt turn over, even though I wobbled about a bit :) - I think the weight limit is a little on the light side!

Steve

That rack is not available at the moment and weighs 75kg,then that leaves 25kg for your load, if you want to keep within manufacturer weight limits
Not that I do with my Defender if it fits it goes on lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I looked at these ed and they are way to big for a cruiser. the ones that would fit are off something like a vw caddy but then they are not long enough. most of the van ones are 1.4-1.6 meters wide and way to long ( the ones i looked at).
stu

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Well after much thought I have at long last decided on the Eezi-Awn K9 rack 2.2m long x 1.25 wide so should fit within the profile of the truck.
Phil at APB has been more than helpful so I will be going to over there Friday to get it fitted, the cost is £900 so about on par with the other's I looked at
Pics to follow on Friday so chaps thanks for all the advise and help
David

Check if you can get a table to go underneath - really is very very useful - you always need one and it's always at the very bottom of the fully-packed load :)

Check if you can get a table to go underneath - really is very very useful - you always need one and it's always at the very bottom of the fully-packed load :)
Yes Gary you can and they make slides for them and sell tables at a great cost lol

Bugger. Have a good look at it then and sort your own :)

I decided on the Eezi Awn in the end pics in my truck thread

http://www.landcruiserclub.net/forums/showthread.php/50865-WUGG-my-95-LC
Hope they used the right bolts to fit it. They are nice people to deal with but their fitting/engineering skills leave a lot to be desired as I found out when they used the wrong size bolts to fit a roof tent I got from them which in a few days destroyed the mountings and was on the verge of coming off :doh:only noticed because I was giving everything a last minute shove to check all was secure and the tent lifted up off the bolts that were supposed to be holding it down!

We only used the bolts that came with the rack fitting kit
I know what you mean about their engineering skill, if I had not been there god know what they might have done with modding the front leg
When all I did was drilled a couple more holes in it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back