Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

S99 Tech Suspension

WestCoastOffRoad

Land Cruiser Club sponsor
Promoted Company
Country Flag
uk
West Coast Off Road are proud to import, supply,fit and use S99 Tech Suspension

S99 Tech was founded in 2012 by Mr Bertrand Dupont, all the units are hand built in Europe
S99 Suspension is available for Any vehicle from a rally raid vehicle to overland truck
The Products have been tried and tested in various races, one of those being the Dakar Rally

s99.jpg

Works of art, they are. Beautiful!

Maybe a dumb-ass question, but would those replace or supplement the springs on an 80, for example?

I'm guessing supplement... :think:

I'm guessing that with the 80 setup not being coil over, the shocks would be separate from the springs.

I do have to agree, they are rather beautiful and tough by the looks of it too.

Last edited:
I'm guessing that with the 80 setup not being coil over, the shocks would be separate from the springs.

I do have to agree, they are rather beautiful and tough by the looks of it too.

True enough Rich, but you can fit coil-overs as well as the main springs, depending on the set-up. I'm wondering what they'd recommend for the 80.

Then of course the next question would be the price... :shifty:

Hi Clive, no that wouldn't be possible, the ones pictured are the full raid shocks to suit 90 series Land Cruiser. We can offer the shocks to suit 80 series in a variety of different options, they would look similar to this

rear s99.jpgs99 tech.jpg

Ah, thought as much, hey, thanks for such a rapid response BTW.

I'm having a domestic with myself at the moment.

What the hell am I doing ogling these lovely bits of Tech, when I need to replace my slipping clutch as soon as possible, and with some bodywork on the horizon for the Spring, and I need a set of tires which means I need to refurb the other set of rims, and....

Jeez, I even like the color..... :doh:

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
They are nice.....
Come on ruff price per shock...
Do they also do the hydro bump stops?

I was playing with a set of these today, fitted a rear set to a 90 sereis. For they 80 series they start at £270 and go upwards depending on what extras you want. They dont offer a hydro bump

I take it that is each for a remote shock. I for one would like to know more.

:wtf: think I'll give it a miss at that kinda price

Can they be serviced/rebuilt? :think:

If so................ then there not a bad investment as shocks are obviously normally consumable items. :icon-cool:

Are they adjustable?

It looks like the ones pictured below have adjusters on the reservoirs. :think:

View attachment 24257

They can be fully rebuilt, any parts we might not have on the shelf are only a day away as they are made and built in Europe, with regards to the adjusters it is an option, you can have them or you can opt not to have them

I think Ben's comment that shocks are consumables is true for the extreme end and competition. These components get an unmerciful hammering.

But for every day folks doing a bit of Offroad occasionally, a good quality set of shocks will last 10 years or so, well beyond the "change every 10,000km" scenario.

My OME stuff is still performing well after 9 years and 180k km.

I'm sure these beautiful items are aimed at full raid spec customers and those unfortunates with spare money to spend on something wonderful parked on the driveway :lol:

Jealousy is such a curse :laughing-rolling:

I think that the adjustable shocks would be a great mod as it would allow you to tailer the shocks to your load.
Someone like Chris with a constantly heavy truck maybe not so much but mine goes from empty with one person on board to loaded up to the max with a trailer in tow.

Plus you can have a spares kit instead of spare shocks if travelling to the middle of nowhere.

Not just extreme or competition use Clive! :eusa-naughty:

Corrugations and poor roads can and do overheat shocks and destroy them in a matter of hours! Once most shocks have been overheated there ready for the scrap bin! :doh:

A chap in SA changed his ome shocks for a trip. By the time he was back they had got so hot the paint was black-brown and the bushes had melted out. At least with these he could have fixed at the side of the road.

Did he replace his OME shocks for another make or just new OME units?

No they were changed under warranty but he still had 1000s of kms with knackered shocks to get home.

Back