Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sabine Schmitz 51 RIP

Saw that this morning Steve. Very sad altogether. I stayed in her family's hotel when I was first at the Nurburgring in 2009. The hospitality was superb, and the memorabilia in the restaurant from her career was really cool. A proper racing legend. RIP

RIP.

A proper driver, she could coax anything an engine and 4 wheels round a track at unbelievable speeds.

A real character as well.

I was very sad to hear this on the News yesterday. Her appearances on Top Gear were a highlight and she could certainly drive. She had a great sense of humour too.

On one TG episode Clarkson was hunting a large diesel Merc around 'The Ring' and feeling pleased with himself. Then Sabine turned up and said "what was the time?".

"What ! I could beat that in a van . . . Give me the keys and get in".

Clarkson looked a bit green when they returned :laughing-rolling: .

A real character and I'll miss her.

Bob.

I seem to remember that was a Transit?

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Yes, JC was in a Jaguar saloon of some sort (can't remember exactly but may have been an S-type). She beat his time in a pretty bog standard diesel Transit with some duct tape for aerodynamics and the rear seats removed for weight reduction. :cool:

Would've loved to have been a passenger on one of her flying laps - probably best done on an empty stomach! :dizzy: :cool:

And not too bad looking either.

Very sad.
There’s a tribute on the toob ...

Rip Sabine

Back