Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Sahara handles like a council bus

Michaelmach

Country Flag
australia
I have recently taken delivery of a new Sahara. It’s a beautiful comfortable car. But it wallows at high speed on uneven bitumen roads and sways on corners.
My question, can the suspension be improved without a major investment.
I don’t want to lose comfort nor do I want to increase the c of g.
thanks.

Last edited:
Same criticism here.

There needs to be more rebound damping to control the motions.

Not sure what controls it on a KDSS-equipped vehicle.

Anyone?

200 series are relatively rare in the U.K. certainly in terms of forum activity. You’re both probably better off asking your question on ih8mud

I'd be interested to see the answers. This issue is probably not limited to Sahara, I bought an Altitude version of the LC200 in 2012 and I found the same thing. But it never occurred to me to ask the question

I got a 200 recently and went for a drive this weekend. I didn’t drive a LC before this, my other cars I drove on these roads were Accord and Lexus RX.
I felt for it’s size, I confidently did all curvy roads at 40-45 miles per hour speed. In accord I did that at 50-55 MPH n on Lexus I would ve done that at 45-50 max. The suspension setting was on comfort mode.
these are A and B roads in Wales in UK. When I pushed bit hard I felt body roll but even with other two cars I would feel same if pushed beyond their limits.
I felt the ride in general was lot better than other two cars and very good on bad tarmac. My car dosent have KDSS and has AHC. I saw the difference of riding on standard suspension vs on AHC clearly as on the way back my AHC failed and I drove back with failed AHC. I could notice every imperfection on the road with failed AHC. I guess car was on it’s original suspension after AHC stopped working so the ride was very harsh.
As you described I could feel all bumps on the road and the body roll was very much evident.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I bought a 200 gxl felt like I was going to roll over around corners, if you have the shit Tyers from factory change them over to a good quality 4wd Tyer.
will be a lot safer on the road.

Back