Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland and mull

karl webster

Supporter
Guru
So. We have just arrived home from another Scotland trip. I can strongly recommend anyone to head up that way. Beautiful coastlines etc etc.

We camped at Oban at at nice site Oban caravan and camping.
We then got the ferry £42 return to mull. We had a mix of wild and site camping.No real reason for going on the sites we just went with a hour to hour plan :)

Fidden farm on mull is a great camp site with superb facilities and well worth a visit.We are pretty sure we saw a whale just off the coast here. I expect it to have been the size of a bus so unsure what else it could have been unless nessy had been for a swim :)

We also had a few wild camps out here and there. We found mull seems to have more privately owned estates compared to Lewis and Harris.

A couple of photos

20190918_172042.jpg 20190918_144230.jpg 20190917_181110.jpg 20190917_152932.jpg 20190917_143249.jpg 20190917_115321.jpg

Lottie Loved the first Proper outing.She had a bath with hot water from the truck on the tailgate.

20190915_143056.jpg 20190915_100418.jpg 20190917_152932.jpg 20190916_091159.jpg 20190916_201323.jpg 20190914_095858.jpg 20190915_163258.jpg 20190916_095346.jpg Screenshot_20190921-203723_Gmail.jpg

The last photo is a screen shot of a camp site that had great facilities and the breakfast was good. it broke the journey up nicely with a little one. £26 per night

Last edited:
Fantastic pictures Karl. You're truly into this exploring now.

Nice photos Karl. Little'un certainly seems to enjoy camping lifestyle.

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Plenty of trips to go on Karl and they don't have to be extreme of course. Going in a small group does give that peace of mind. I've had the same thoughts about trusting a truck. But in truth there is so little that can stop one of these things (Unless you have an issue like Moggy). They'll always get you home.

Plenty of trips to go on Karl and they don't have to be extreme of course. Going in a small group does give that peace of mind. I've had the same thoughts about trusting a truck. But in truth there is so little that can stop one of these things (Unless you have an issue like Moggy). They'll always get you home.

Defo Chris.
Real shame for Moggy. From what he said there was an issue with the truck using oil.

I've had major fuel issue as per usual before we set off spent hours trying to sort it out. We managed to limp home as long as I was sat at 2.5k revs. going to replace the fuel lines and solenoid valves before the injection pump then hopefully it will be good for bigger trips.

Brilliant mate. We've spent the last 6 summers in the Sprinter just exploring all over the UK with the kids, they love it and as you say, it makes you realise how little you actually need in your life. Lottie seems happy and if you get her used to this kind of thing now, all the better.

We used to do lots of European trips in our previous 4x4s (pre-kids) and your confidence in the vehicle tends to grow the more you do it - I still remember early trips where a weekend in Wales was a major outing, then a few years later we were off exploring Iceland!

Only UK Chris but we enjoy it. We will go overseas when I finally trust a truck lol.

My first trip was to Romania and i was mentally invaded by the same demons but ultimately i decided if i expect to drive it every day at home without breakdown then what difference does it make if i do as many miles in 2 weeks as i might otherwise do in 6 months .

My first trip was to Romania and i was mentally invaded by the same demons but ultimately i decided if i expect to drive it every day at home without breakdown then what difference does it make if i do as many miles in 2 weeks as i might otherwise do in 6 months .

I have the same view mate totally. when I struggle to do the 5mile commute to work it makes me feel a little uneasy lol

Back