Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland off-road recommendations?

Knucklehead

Planning a short trip over to scotland with the wee man next year.
Was wondering if anybody could recommend any good off-road spots?

Having the young fella on-board not looking anything too extreme, just somewhere I could give the 80 a good work out and hopefully give the young man a taste for off-roading without frightening the bee jesus out of him :shock:

Any thoughts appreciated as usual.

Dave.

P.S. Happy new year to all...

Hi

I assume you mean offroad pay and play centres ?
There is a offroad course near Inverness, and glen tarkie near Perth and near Glasgow there is drumclog

There are not really the equivalents to England's green lanes up here. You need landowner permission to drive any tracks, but there are some unsurfaced roads you can drive, they are just very hard to find and I only know a couple.

Saying that, Chris on here joined a 4x4 Safari over a weekend, which was in the Dumfries and Galloway area, where the trip leader had gained access to private tracks and forestry areas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers for info.

Was thinking more about tracks and the likes as opposed to off-road centres but sounds like it is the same as in NI with most tracks etc being privately owned.

The Safari idea sounds interesting. Always better crack when a few vehicles about.
Hopefully Chris will post up some details.

Dave.

Yes can highly recommend that trip.

You don't have to do the whole week, You can speak to them and team up for just a bit that you fancy. Some of the lanes are really just lovely to drive on. Things like old railway tracks then no one else is on, cutting through the hills over viaducts etc. Then some are in the forest where you may need to break out the winch and axe. Nice being in a team of people there's some good banter and such. Certainly wasn't hours or relentless tarmac!

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
Back