Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

Scotland,Skye,Harris and Lewis

So, the trip actually happened after years of talking about it.

On the 5th sept myself Holly and the dogs set off. We headed up the west cost and had a steady drive north seeing plenty of sights and having a couple of wild camping nights.

We drove to Skye and drove around the coast and headed over to Harris on the ferry. The ferry crossing was around £85 return.

We drove around the bottom coast in around three hours.

We then headed up to north Harris and had various wild camps and one night in a b&b due to the major wind we had the night before and little sleep was had.

A few photos of some of the sights and camps we had.

Sorry this is a small report but having to do it on the phone.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Good to see photos. Like the shower

Looks like you found some remote camp spots, I recognise hushnish on Harris, looks pretty wild weather
I heard there is a new shower and loo block built there is summer,
We camped ther last August, on north side of the peninsula, up end of sandy track, and there was just a small toilet

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
That camp spot was beautiful. I have to say though it was the hardest night I've had in the tent. We hardly slept and at 6am we had to get out of the tent.

The camp spots were struggling with at the min but have photos on the map where we were. I've got a garmin Map thingy that would have stored everything needed but couldn't get it working.

The shower worked a treat. Had to have the truck running but the water was nice and warm. Was a new experience though with the wind and rain lol

And the truck is the famous Boris I presume?

Great short story, and wonderful photos, you sound as crap as I am at IT stuff Karl, nice to know I'm not alone. :thumbup:

And the truck is the famous Boris I presume?

Great short story, and wonderful photos, you sound as crap as I am at IT stuff Karl, nice to know I'm not alone. :thumbup:

Yes Clive. That's Borris. Think he secretly liked seeing some of the UK sights.

My main issue with the it stuff is getting the photos onto the computer so a report could be done properly on a proper screen. It's easier to upload photos off the phone.

Yes Clive. That's Borris. Think he secretly liked seeing some of the UK sights.

My main issue with the it stuff is getting the photos onto the computer so a report could be done properly on a proper screen. It's easier to upload photos off the phone.

I'm sure he did Karl :lol:

If the photos are taken on the phone or other device sharing them (such as iPhone/iPad) then I'd agree.

However, I also use a standard camera, so I often upload phone photos onto the laptop along with those taken on my camera, and create a folder of the best photos, then rename them (with my own filename numbers) to keep them in the right order of presentation.

Then I'd prepare the post on the laptop. Often it's easier to upload the photos first leaving 2 empty rows between eac photo. Once uploaded, it's easier to add text between them instead of trying to select photos that relate to the text.

Anyway, there's always something that goes wrong to feck it up :lol:

Great photos. Looks like you guys found some excellent wild camping spots, albeit a bit soggy in places. Well done.

How'd the awning do in the winds?

Very well mate. We had some crazy wind. You obviously have to use your head but all I did was drop the legs if needed. It hasn't been roped down since I've owned it.

Very well mate. We had some crazy wind. You obviously have to use your head but all I did was drop the legs if needed. It hasn't been roped down since I've owned it.
I don't unravel mine as much as hate putting it away wet (and don't have a nice garage to let it dry out in -- yet). Funky under heavy rain as you could collect a barrel full the way it runs off as you angle the awning accordingly

Back