Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

SeaJays 80

the pillar pod I got of eBay a few years ago, and the cup holder is made in a 3D printer by a guy on IH8mud in USA, he printed it in reverse to suit my R/H drive vehicle

Witch G turbo are you running? Also did you look at other airboxs before going for the XXI box? I vex put a hybrid turbo on my 80 running at 18-20 psi but would like to run 25-30 psi, just need to decide on witch airbox and also a 4" snorkel, I have already got a modified intake manifold and cooler kit, pump and injectors have been done as well

I have the badboy Gturbo, and have it set to 26psi with 19.1 AFR at that psi. I think the grunter extreme would be better, but they were not available at the time. There is another airbox made by Moonlight fabrications here in Perth that looks a better design, but again were not available a few years ago when I had the turbo, airbox and exhaust fitted. They both use similar flat panel air filters.

I've been looking at the Radius Fabs airbox, I keep looking at G turbo but not sure yet, seen mixed reports. I might end up making a new manifold and running a Holset HY35

there a good airbox as well, I think they all use the same air cleaner out of a 6.6 duramax, just some may be easier to open to clean it. I have only heard good things about Gturbo, the one I have would pump 35 psi but that may leave a trail of transmission and diff parts :)

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I notice the XXI air box is fitted - any reason why you didn't go for the XXI WTA inter-cooler ?? Also how is the XXI air box performing??

couldn't justify the price of the w2a intercooler, and would worry about popping the engine if there was a water leak in it. I haven't had any problems with the airbox, but had to add some side tabs to the filter to secure it a bit better, the newer XXi airboxes have them standard

thanks NC, the boat is only 26ft but looks bigger with the camera angle. Hopefully the worst of the winter weather is past us here in West Aussie, and I can get out in it during my next week off :)

Ordered 2 new ROH Impact mags, and Bridgestone D697 A/T Duelers so I can carry 2 matching spares, a set of XXi adjustable caster plates, and genuine front control arm bushes & front swaybar bushes. Getting ready to go to Exmouth and Karijini, about a 4,500km trip, or two and a quarter fill ups :)

Caster Plates.jpg

Caster plates arrived, Toyota rubber control arm bushes and new set of tie rod ends should arrive soon :)

I have been driving around for the last few months with the roof rack off, but in preparation for my North West trip it was time to put it back on
2017-03-05 16.09.18.jpg
2017-03-05 16.09.26.jpg
2017-03-05 16.35.32.jpg
2017-03-05 16.35.41.jpg
2017-03-05 17.18.37.jpg

Aaaand...job done :)

Nice idea with the pulleys!

When I had mine off to spray the truck, I had 4 of the neighbours round to help.

Problem was, Nico is only 5' nothing when he's in a tall mood, and we had to build him a platform for him to reach.

It was quite a stretch for all of us and these full length ARBs are not lightweight.

Putting it back on was even more difficult.

Your truck looks really nice Stuart, very smart indeed, it's a credit to you.

thank you Clive, yes the cheep ebay ATV winch makes it a 1 man job :)

My rtt is suspended in the rafters from a cheap ebay electric hoist too.

Started replacing my nolathane offset caster bushes with Toyota rubber ones, and installing the adjustable caster plates today. The nolathane ones were stuffed
2017-03-11 09.34.49.jpg
2017-03-11 10.21.04.jpg
2017-03-11 11.46.39.jpg
2017-03-11 12.15.41.jpg
2017-03-11 13.56.14.jpg

Back