Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them

seat swap 90 series year 1998

Dorro

Country Flag
ireland
Hi does anybody know which seats are a straight swap for a landcrusier kzj90 1998 uk model I want to swap my 2 front seats in my 90 looking to see what I can use without modifying brackets etc
Regards

Mike

I looked at doing this and even went as far as to buy folding after market seats only to realize after they arrived that i couldn't sleep i or carry anything of length if i fitted the new seats because the fixed headrest sat on the steering wheel so sold them half price :doh:

I've done some investigation about having original seats recovered in leather and generally the cost seems quite reasonable .

Be easier to find alternative seats for a lwb 4 door i imagine .

I looked at doing this and even went as far as to buy folding after market seats only to realize after they arrived that i couldn't sleep i or carry anything of length if i fitted the new seats because the fixed headrest sat on the steering wheel so sold them half price :doh:

I've done some investigation about having original seats recovered in leather and generally the cost seems quite reasonable .

Be easier to find alternative seats for a lwb 4 door i imagine .

Thanks for the reply
Have you a link to the ones you purchased just trying to see if I can just swap mine out seen some nice pictures of some bucket seats the ones in mine are old and foam gone soft any ideas or links where you can get a bonnet protector in black ?

It was ages ago but wasn't hard to find folding bucket seats of similar size , my plan was to butcher the old seat keeping the feet and runners so i could weld a flat plate on top , the bucket seat just bolts to the plate .

https://www.verstralershop.nl/en/per-merk/airplex/landcruiser-90-96-hood-guard.html

I found these guys a pleasure to deal with when my sunvisor arrived bust , no nonsense common sense "to save you return post would you be happy if we sent just sent you new plastic which is less likely to get broken without the weight of the frame" . A little more work for me and a little less profit for them and all sorted in a 2 minute phone call :thumbup:

Thanks for the reply
Have you a link to the ones you purchased just trying to see if I can just swap mine out seen some nice pictures of some bucket seats the ones in mine are old and foam gone soft any ideas or links where you can get a bonnet protector in black ?
It was ages ago but wasn't hard to find folding bucket seats of similar size , my plan was to butcher the old seat keeping the feet and runners so i could weld a flat plate on top , the bucket seat just bolts to the plate .

https://www.verstralershop.nl/en/per-merk/airplex/landcruiser-90-96-hood-guard.html

I found these guys a pleasure to deal with when my sunvisor arrived bust , no nonsense common sense "to save you return post would you be happy if we sent just sent you new plastic which is less likely to get broken without the weight of the frame" . A little more work for me and a little less profit for them and all sorted in a 2 minute phone call :thumbup:
great thanks again for all the quick reply’s
Regards
Dorro

Don't like the adverts?  Click here to remove them
I would have thought the front seats on all 90 series stuff would be interchangeable? The rear would be different accross LWB and SWB, and also the split seat vs straight seat, but even those might work.

I would have thought the front seats on all 90 series stuff would be interchangeable? The rear would be different accross LWB and SWB, and also the split seat vs straight seat, but even those might work.
Hi do you know what seats would fit ? Any pictures I see of the 90 series are all non uk models I took my ones out one day found electric sockets underneath carpet with plugs I presume must be for electric seats would be nice if I knew then I could just do a straight swap without modifying brackets etc etc

I don't know if it's been said already but watch out if you transfer LWB front seats into a SWB as you won't have the ability to tip the passenger seat forward to let anyone into the back seats...

I don't know if it's been said already but watch out if you transfer LWB front seats into a SWB as you won't have the ability to tip the passenger seat forward to let anyone into the back seats...
Thanks my one is a commercial so no seats in the back

Hi do you know what seats would fit ? Any pictures I see of the 90 series are all non uk models I took my ones out one day found electric sockets underneath carpet with plugs I presume must be for electric seats would be nice if I knew then I could just do a straight swap without modifying brackets etc etc

I think Toyota used the same loom for all specs and some came with heated seats .

I think Toyota used the same loom for all specs and some came with heated seats .
Thanks for the reply nice to know the are there if I ever get decent front seats to swap

Somebody was on the forum a few years ago looking for that harness , johnnyboy or something like that ?

Some clues here https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/upgrading-front-seats.148240/

If you don't need the seats to fold because its a van i imagine most seats would fit , trouble is its not a flat floor so you will need to keep the original legs or fabricate something similar .

jonnyboy54321

I can't find the thread though , i think he used to buy cruisers to fix up and sell on so like as not mention of the seats is hidden in new truck threads .

Last edited:
Some clues here https://www.landcruiserclub.net/community/threads/upgrading-front-seats.148240/

If you don't need the seats to fold because its a van i imagine most seats would fit , trouble is its not a flat floor so you will need to keep the original legs or fabricate something similar .

jonnyboy54321

I can't find the thread though , i think he used to buy cruisers to fix up and sell on so like as not mention of the seats is hidden in new truck threads .
Great help will have a read through that thanks again for the replies

Back